• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young to Washington!

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

With AT being slot and Mingo having slot as his best fit, I’d prefer a WR that could play outside. Washington has a lot of talent though…

I think that people are assuming that the slot is Mingo's best fit. I really haven't seen concrete evidence of this. Moreover, I'm not sure Thielen is even going to be here this season; he's certainly not going to be here long term. We should not ignore the long term. There's arguably been too much of that. Mind you that this means that Washington is likely not going to be drafted at 33. Number 65? 

Edited by top dawg

5 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

He’s rated as 80th best player in draft.  He’s a late 2nd or early 3rd rounder.  He’s 5’8 strictly slot WR in NFL.  He’s quick, physical with good first step and decent route runner but not blazing speed.  He’ll be perfect for Bryce because he gets a lot of yards after contact.  The only issue is Bryce might not see him over the line.

Tyreek Hill and Waddle are both 5'10.  You dont have to have these big receivers any more.  Quick timing routes, receivers that can get seperation and yac are the modern NFL.   I hope we dont prioritize size at all with our wr selections.  Ive heard weve talks to leggett multiple times and that terrifies me and I'm worried about Morgan as if is.

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Tyreek Hill and Waddle are both 5'10.  You dont have to have these big receivers any more.  Quick timing routes, receivers that can get seperation and yac are the modern NFL.   I hope we dont prioritize size at all with our wr selections.  Ive heard weve talks to leggett multiple times and that terrifies me and I'm worried about Morgan as if is.

Tyreek Hill and Waddle have 5’10 QBs?

13 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

Tyreek Hill and Waddle have 5’10 QBs?

No.  They are 5'10 wr obviously.   Tua is  barely 6' qb 2" taller than Bryce.   Saying Bryce has to have tall receivers because hes 2" shorter is as bad as the whole Cam needs tall receivers so he doesnt overthrow them.

57 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

No.  They are 5'10 wr obviously.   Tua is  barely 6' qb 2" taller than Bryce.   Saying Bryce has to have tall receivers because hes 2" shorter is as bad as the whole Cam needs tall receivers so he doesnt overthrow them.

It’s about seeing over LOS.  Most OL are 6’3-6’4 and when they block they bent their knees, allowing QBs to see over.  When you 5’10, you are asking your OL to bend their knees 6 inches instead of 2 inches (6’2 QB).  The OL won’t bent their knees 6 inches lol.  It’s not WR issue, it’s QB issue.

Edited by Lame Duck

19 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

It’s about seeing over LOS.  Most OL are 6’3-6’4 and when they block they bent their knees, allowing QBs to see over.  When you 5’10, you are asking your OL to bend their knees 6 inches instead of 2 inches (6’2 QB).  The OL won’t bent their knees 6 inches lol.  It’s not WR issue, it’s QB issue.

I understand what youre saying but Tua is barely 6' playing with those wrs.

6 minutes ago, Carolina Mike said:

New plan! We take all players less than 6 foot at all positions! Problem solved.

They should all come at a discounted price due to their shortcomings. 

Well, at least Bryce would be able to see over the line (I think).

• Beer 1