• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DangerRuss is cut

Russ is a dweeb but the continuity would help Canales get his feet under him and Wilson would get a scheme that's indirectly catered to him. I'd prefer him over Dalton if the price is right. 

Edited by MechaZain

I'll pass on him.  Wilson works best when he can "cook" i.e. improv.  He's lost his sudden burst as a runner.  Now he's a QB that wants to do it his own way instead of what an OC wants.  You are who you are, and Russell Wilson has not been great lately.  Maybe if he went to a place with good weapons in place, he could find success, but here....what weapons?

Nope!

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

Russ is a dweeb but the continuity would help Canales get his feet under him and Wilson would get a scheme that's indirectly catered to him. I'd prefer him over Dalton if the price is right. 

We don't have a team built to be any more successful than Denver was. At best he's a one year rental and what exactly does that even accomplish?

Sure, he'd immediately be the best QB since Cam but with the "talent" we have assembled, what does that lead to? 6 wins? 7? For what? 

No more quick fixes. This ship is listing over and has more holes in the hull than a wheel of swiss cheese. Just let this sink, accumulate draft capital over the next few seasons and finally do what we should have in 2018.....go through a complete rebuild.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Love it. fug the Broncos forever.

I have never liked Russell Wilson--the person.  He just seems fake to me, but after cleaning out Denver's bank account, he smiles at the presser and tells the world how he can go somewhere else and return to his level of greatness.   I would be humble and apologetic even, but not that arrogant narcissist.   In essence, he is telling the people of Denver that they will be buying season tickets to pay for him to play elsewhere while they struggle in Cap space hell the entire time.  His expression seemed to indicate that he does not get it--this is not about his well being. I think it was embarrassing on one level, but again, he let Denver down. 

Lotta people tell me that he is just like that--a religious optimist and not a narcissist.  I disagree.

Edited by MHS831

11 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

How you figure? Think he goes to a team for next to nothing because he got a free bag in Denver?  I doubt it. 

The feeling is that he'll take a lower contract with his new team in order to "inflict the maximum possible damage to the Broncos," due to offset language in the contract. The more he takes now, the more his new team would have to pay of course, and the less Denver would be on the hook for.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10110583-russell-wilson-rumors-feeling-is-qb-signs-nfl-minimum-contract-after-broncos-exit.amp.html

Trying to double dip might severely limit his options, even to the point where he may not have any. If he's sensible, he can not only land a job where he's still the QB1 and will be auditioning for better pay moving forward.

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I have never liked Russell Wilson--the person.  He just seems fake to me, but after cleaning out Denver's bank account, he smiles at the presser and tells the world how he can go somewhere else and return to his level of greatness.   I would be humble and apologetic even, but not that arrogant narcissist.   In essence, he is telling the people of Denver that they will be buying season tickets to pay for him to play elsewhere while they struggle in Cap space hell the entire time.  His expression seemed to indicate that he does not get it--this is not about his well being. I think it was embarrassing on one level, but again, he let Denver down. 

Lotta people tell me that he is just like that--a religious optimist and not a narcissist.  I disagree.

I couldn't possibly thank him more for what he did to Denver. I will forever be grateful that he aided in that mess getting worse and worse.

Hopefully Payton flounders for the next 2-3 seasons trying to get a QB and failing even more. 

I wish them unending suffering as a fanbase.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I couldn't possibly thank him more for what he did to Denver. I will forever be grateful that he aided in that mess getting worse and worse.

Hopefully Payton flounders for the next 2-3 seasons trying to get a QB and failing even more. 

I don't have anything against Denver fans (maybe I should), but I can't stand Payton's smug ass, and could care less about them being collateral damage.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

Someone said that Payton did not sign up for this mess.He is one of those coaches who is only considered pgreat" because he did not have to worry about the QB position for a long time.  Bill Belichick (sp) was another.  He took the job, in my view, because Denver had an established QB.   I think Payton thought he could fix Wilson.    Now, I will say that Denver had a decent year last season, but Payton lost patience.  Wilson improved, and after a 1-5 start, they won like 5 in a row--and improved from 5-12 to 8-9. At one point, they were 7-6 and then lost to the Patriots in Denver--after blowing a lead (Bad team, coached by Belichick--that was when Wilson got benched for the rest of the season.)

Now, think personalities--Wilson is this religious, happy optimist who seems fake, and Payton is best known for bounty gate.  Evil vs. Good narcissists. 

I think this move is based on Payton's ego. 

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The feeling is that he'll take a lower contract with his new team in order to "inflict the maximum possible damage to the Broncos," due to offset language in the contract. The more he takes now, the more his new team would have to pay of course, and the less Denver would be on the hook for.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10110583-russell-wilson-rumors-feeling-is-qb-signs-nfl-minimum-contract-after-broncos-exit.amp.html

Trying to double dip might severely limit his options, even to the point where he may not have any. If he's sensible, he can not only land a job where he's still the QB1 and will be auditioning for better pay moving forward.

I mean, he’s definitely not going to dupe another team into giving him a similar contract to that one but I don’t think his ego will allow him to play for vet minimum, and anything more is too expensive for us which is what I was saying. I’m guessing he won’t accept anything lower than what the highest paid backup is getting. 

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Someone said that Payton did not sign up for this mess.He is one of those coaches who is only considered pgreat" because he did not have to worry about the QB position for a long time.  Bill Belichick (sp) was another.  He took the job, in my view, because Denver had an established QB.   I think Payton thought he could fix Wilson.    Now, I will say that Denver had a decent year last season, but Payton lost patience.  Wilson improved, and after a 1-5 start, they won like 5 in a row--and improved from 5-12 to 8-9. At one point, they were 7-6 and then lost to the Patriots (Bad team, coached by Belichick--that was when Wilson got benched for the rest of the season.)

Now, think personalities--Wilson is this religious, happy optimist who seems fake, and Payton is best known for bounty gate.  Evil vs. Good narcissists. 

I think this move is based on Payton's ego. 

I highly doubt Peyton will end up with a better QB than Wilson in the next few years. I am going to enjoy watching him flounder without a top tier QB like he did in NO before bolting.

The best part is that in dumping Wilson, he has basically assured that they cannot find another elite QB in the next two seasons in free agency because of that dead cap hit.

Make no mistake....they are royally fuged.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I hated Elway--the player and then the GM there.  Never liked Denver (love the city though)--when they traded for Payton, I was thinking, "You just traded for a coach who was good because of Drew Brees. " 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I mean, he’s definitely not going to dupe another team into giving him a similar contract to that one but I don’t think his ego will allow him to play for vet minimum, and anything more is too expensive for us which is what I was saying. I’m guessing he won’t accept anything lower than what the highest paid backup is getting. 

I am not sure how it works--

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I think you are very wrong about this. He will most likely take a vet minimum deal because he gets $39 mil in salary no matter what.

A smart team will leverage that and use it to their advantage.

If the 49ers didn't have their heads firmly up their asses about Brock Purdy, they should be all over Wilson for 2024.