• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where the QBs will Land

5 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I'm high on Sanders but I am really intrigued by Riley Leonard at ND.  He has a chance to really climb up draft boards.  Some scouts are trying to hype up Weigman at A&M (not sure about that one) and Beck at UGA is interesting....

I only saw a few games of Leonard this year, but he looked massively overhyped to me.  The Clemson game he looked awful....nowhere near 1st round potential like they are saying.  His stats back up his overhype status as well...especially against top teams.

13 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

I only saw a few games of Leonard this year, but he looked massively overhyped to me.  The Clemson game he looked awful....nowhere near 1st round potential like they are saying.  His stats back up his overhype status as well...especially against top teams.

He was still pretty raw but keep in mind he was playing with Duke players against top teams. It will be interesting to see what he can do with ND talent around him. He could very well be all hype like you are saying, but it’s something to watch. Has the size, speed, and arm. Just needs to get the fundamentals down better. 

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He was still pretty raw but keep in mind he was playing with Duke players against top teams. It will be interesting to see what he can do with ND talent around him. He could very well be all hype like you are saying, but it’s something to watch. Has the size, speed, and arm. Just needs to get the fundamentals down better. 

He is going to be 22 years old when the season starts, 23 when he hits the NFL at best - and he regressed last year significantly.  Plenty of guys had decent numbers on poor teams in college.  Raw after 3 seasons of college ball is an enormous red flag.  But of course that is just an opinion. 

Personally I think people need to keep their eyes on Cade Klubnik.  His first season starting had decent numbers and he had little to no receivers and significant Oline issues.  This year he should have targets and Oline improved significantly with a 2nd season under the new system.  I'd put money on him being in the conversation next draft if he leaves early.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

in fairness, Clemson has 4 members of their defensive front going in this draft.....and you could argue those 4 dudes don't even represent the best of that front.  I mean, when Clemson's front came to play, it was one of the best in nation.   That's a stacked D up front in terms of talent. 

14 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

He is going to be 22 years old when the season starts, 23 when he hits the NFL at best - and he regressed last year significantly.  Plenty of guys had decent numbers on poor teams in college.  Raw after 3 seasons of college ball is an enormous red flag.  But of course that is just an opinion. 

Personally I think people need to keep their eyes on Cade Klubnik.  His first season starting had decent numbers and he had little to no receivers and significant Oline issues.  This year he should have targets and Oline improved significantly with a 2nd season under the new system.  I'd put money on him being in the conversation next draft if he leaves early.

Hey it all just makes the season more interesting and enjoyable.  Who knows maybe a Burrow shows out next year.  

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

in fairness, Clemson has 4 members of their defensive front going in this draft.....and you could argue those 4 dudes don't even represent the best of that front.  I mean, when Clemson's front came to play, it was one of the best in nation.   That's a stacked D up front in terms of talent. 

I just mention Clemson because I am a Clemson guy so I watch all their games.  But trust me my assessment isn't biased towards the circumstances.  He looked very bad and it wasn't due to the pressure - nothing like the top guys every year.  And as I said the rest of his stats also support the opinion....he looked bad in quite a few games before his injury.  

13 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

I just mention Clemson because I am a Clemson guy so I watch all their games.  But trust me my assessment isn't biased towards the circumstances.  He looked very bad and it wasn't due to the pressure - nothing like the top guys every year.  And as I said the rest of his stats also support the opinion....he looked bad in quite a few games before his injury.  

His stats look decent in 2022.  This year it looks like he was just tucking it and running a lot.  I mean it was Duke.  You can't get the Clemson QB a pass with surrounding talent and not the Duke guy lol.  Big difference in talent between those two schools.  Regardless they both are two good stories to watch this year.

Overlooked in this whole draft is Spencer Rattler.   He has one of the better arms IMO.  Accuracy and can make all the throws.  I think Williams is a bust.  Too much Diva.  

2 hours ago, Stingray3030 said:

Good college QB that just doesn't translate to the NFL IMO. He's a better runner than he is a passer but doesn't have the measurables to translate that running to the NFL level. I hate to use the comp because it feels lazy because they both played at duke but he really is basically a poor man's Daniel Jones.

8 minutes ago, Barney said:

Overlooked in this whole draft is Spencer Rattler.   He has one of the better arms IMO.  Accuracy and can make all the throws.  I think Williams is a bust.  Too much Diva.  

Rattler definitely has a live arm. Someone will take a crack at him in the mid-rounds. Agreed on the Williams diva concern, but honestly Rattler has that same concern too.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

It would have lined up really well for Drake Maye to end up a panther if no stupid trades.

If we TRIED to be more stupid in trades, the draft, and free agency, we could not have been worse.

• Pie 1