• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where the QBs will Land

Many of you have been calling my team of receptionists and blowing up my web page, X, and other stuff to get my views on where you think these QBs will land.  I already know, so SPOILER ALERT:

• GREEN= Draft
  • Black = Free Agency

Here is how it is going down, folks. My predictions:

1. Cousins to Atlanta (Florio seems to think that Cousins' wife is from Ga and they were checking out schools in the area.  Done deal)

2. Wilson to Minnesota  (Just re-signed Jefferson and there is no competition for the job as there would be in Pittsburgh.  Raiders possible)

3.  Mayfield to Tampa Bay (they must love him there, without Canales.  TB may be only team willing to write a $35m check for Baker)

4. Fields to Raiders  (with a lot of cap room--about $50K, they can afford to give up a second rounder if necessary or so and still pay for Fields)

5. Williams to Chicago (first overall draft pick)

6. Daniels to Washington (Baltimore highlights are on their shared local newscasts--they want the next dual threat QB that rivals Jackson--Maye obviously the smart choice here, but I have a feeling...)

7. Maye to New England (Pats take the QB that Washington doesn't)

8. McCarthy to NY Giants (NY will trade up to reach for McCarthy and play him behind Jones for a season.)

9 Nix to Denver  (Denver has no cap room and they will have to take a QB at #12.  They probably will not be able to outbid the Giants to move up to #4 or #5 to get McCarthy, so  Nix will  become Sean Payton's apprentice.  Hard to believe he would be drafted in the top 12, but some have Nix rated the highest of the second-tier QBs, and I see Nix as a good fit under Payton)

10. Penix to Pittsburgh (The Steelers have limited cap room, so a free agent beyond Russell Wilson is not likely--instead, they will take the strong armed, slinger from Washington. 

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I suppose the most intriguing aspect of Wilson in Minnesota is what will be his catch phrase at the end of interviews as a Viking.

"Let's Rape, pillage, and plunder"

Seattle Seahawks Dancing GIF

PS.  Florio also said that there have been talks between Cousins and Pitts about wearing #8.  

• Pie 1

Fields could very well be left as the last QB standing without a job available.

I can't see anyone trading more than a 3rd Rd pick for Fields. And that's only if they are interested.

Cousins to Atlanta I called this last week. Makes sense for him as that is a better situation than Minny. Baker I'm not buying the hype teams want him he will obviously stay on Tampa.

Wilson I think is in Vegas or Pitt.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I can't see anyone trading more than a 3rd Rd pick for Fields. And that's only if they are interested.

Cousins to Atlanta I called this last week. Makes sense for him as that is a better situation than Minny. Baker I'm not buying the hype teams want him he will obviously stay on Tampa.

Problem with Russ is he thinks himself a god. His ego is going to keep him from being a desirable pickup. 

• Pie 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Cousins to Atlanta I called this last week. Makes sense for him as that is a better situation than Minny. Baker I'm not buying the hype teams want him he will obviously stay on Tampa.  GOOD CALL

Picking the first dominoes to fall is much easier--I really struggled toward the end.  Like Nix going 12 overall?  What else can Denver do?  No cap room, no qb, and at #12, they can't get a top 3 probably 4 QB. 

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Problem with Russ is he thinks himself a god. His ego is going to keep him from being a desirable pickup. 

He really is almost unbearable.   If he played on any team I ever played on, he would have been held underwater in the ice tub and then had atomic balm rubbed on his nuts until a little humility entered his facial expressions.

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Picking the first dominoes to fall is much easier--I really struggled toward the end.  Like Nix going 12 overall?  What else can Denver do?  No cap room, no qb, and at #12, they can't get a top 3 probably 4 QB. 

I think Denver drafts a QB. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Basbear said:

I think you will end up right on 7 of these.

Which means that 4-5 surprises will screw it up so badly I have to create a new account to avoid all the Nostre Damus hindsight psychics on here.  Maybe something like Dragon Fire. 

game of thrones fire GIF

Edited by MHS831

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I think Denver drafts a QB. 

They really have no choice, IMO  If the Giants do (and I am not sure they will) that might make 5 to 6 QBs in round 1. 

If you need a QB and McCarthy is sitting there, you have to reach for him.  Same for Nix since he has Purdy-like experience and solid stats at Washington--he'd be as ready to start day 1...Pinnix has a shot too.

Edited by MHS831

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Many of you have been calling my team of receptionists and blowing up my web page, X, and other stuff to get my views on where you think these QBs will land.  I already know, so SPOILER ALERT:

• GREEN= Draft
  • Black = Free Agency

Here is how it is going down, folks. My predictions:

1. Cousins to Atlanta (Florio seems to think that Cousins' wife is from Ga and they were checking out schools in the area.  Done deal)

2. Wilson to Minnesota  (Just re-signed Jefferson and there is no competition for the job as there would be in Pittsburgh.  Raiders possible)

3.  Mayfield to Tampa Bay (they must love him there, without Canales.  TB may be only team willing to write a $35m check for Baker)

4. Fields to Raiders  (with a lot of cap room--about $50K, they can afford to give up a second rounder if necessary or so and still pay for Fields)

5. Williams to Chicago (first overall draft pick)

6. Daniels to Washington (Baltimore highlights are on their shared local newscasts--they want the next dual threat QB that rivals Jackson--Maye obviously the smart choice here, but I have a feeling...)

7. Maye to New England (Pats take the QB that Washington doesn't)

8. McCarthy to NY Giants (NY will trade up to reach for McCarthy and play him behind Jones for a season.)

9 Nix to Denver  (Denver has no cap room and they will have to take a QB at #12.  They probably will not be able to outbid the Giants to move up to #4 or #5 to get McCarthy, so  Nix will  become Sean Payton's apprentice.  Hard to believe he would be drafted in the top 12, but some have Nix rated the highest of the second-tier QBs, and I see Nix as a good fit under Payton)

10. Penix to Pittsburgh (The Steelers have limited cap room, so a free agent beyond Russell Wilson is not likely--instead, they will take the strong armed, slinger from Washington. 

I can live with that.

I would MUCH rather ATL end up with Cousins than Fields. Cousins is 35 and has never been much more than a stat padder anyway. Not much winning. 1-4 in his career in the playoffs. If they get Cousins, maybe he gives them 2-3 years of decent play at most before Father Time catches him. Maybe win a bad division once or twice. But if they get Fields and his issues we're primarily downstream of a bad Bears organization that seems to hate offense, they could have their answer for the next decade. That's no bueno.