• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where the QBs will Land

58 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

All I'm gonna say is that I don't buy this recent talk of Daniels over Maye. I like Daniels. I think he's a helluva prospect. But Maye is gonna go to Washington.

Out there take? Vikings trade for Howell.

UNC QB's aren't going to get the benefit of the doubt. I see a lot of people doubting him just because he's a UNC QB.

That narrative won't change until these guys become elite at the pro level.

Like the Ohio State QB's. Stroud finally put a end to that nonsense about Ohio State QB's struggle at the next level.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

All I'm gonna say is that I don't buy this recent talk of Daniels over Maye. I like Daniels. I think he's a helluva prospect. But Maye is gonna go to Washington.

Out there take? Vikings trade for Howell.

My gut tells me the same thing.  However, I read somewhere that they wanted the dual threat QB and it stuck.  If I were GM, I draft Maye.  I think Caleb is running away with the #1 overall.

Personally, I do not want NE to get Maye.  Nobody deserves the fortune they have had.  Reminds me of Manning and Luck in Indy.

Just now, MHS831 said:

My gut tells me the same thing.  However, I read somewhere that they wanted the dual threat QB and it stuck.  If I were GM, I draft Maye.  I think Caleb is running away with the #1 overall.

Personally, I do not want NE to get Maye.  Nobody deserves the fortune they have had.  Reminds me of Manning and Luck in Indy.

Me responding to Me:

I also think Howell could be decent in the right system. 

I hope that Tampa Bay gives Baker a 4-year, 130m deal.  

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

UNC QB's aren't going to get the benefit of the doubt. I see a lot of people doubting him just because he's a UNC QB.

That narrative won't change until these guys become elite at the pro level.

Like the Ohio State QB's. Stroud finally put a end to that nonsense about Ohio State QB's struggle at the next level.

He'll get a shot somewhere. Too many teams need a QB and there aren't enough to go around. Lots of young QBs have turnover issues playing for bad teams. Howell showed more talent and ability than a lot of starters last year.

• Pie 1

This is the year the NFC gets infused with the QB talent.  My thoughts right now:

1 - Bears - Caleb Williams 

2 - WAS - Jayden Daniels - Gut says teams like him more than Maye, most importantly, WAS does.

3 - NYG (from NE) - Drake Maye - They drop a Dookie for Tarheel.  I think they trade up w/NE, as they've given up on Jones.  Daboll is in his 3rd year - time to make a move, they can't afford to keep sinking.  They're one of a few teams needing to sh*t or get off the pot in their situation. 

5 - MIN (from LAC) - JJ McCarthy (w/Wilson) - They can't have Jefferson sitting there with another middling guy at QB.  They need to pickup with the timeline and O'Connell can't let his seat start to get hot, similar to Daboll.  They wanted a QB early last year.  They're going to be aggressive and honestly, get the best type of insurance in Wilson.  

2nd-3rd - PIT - Pickett (+Tannehill or a Michael Pratt type pick) - These are the QBs I put in the Steelers orbit this year.  I don't think they give up on Pickett, as bad as he's looked under that putrid Matt Canada offense.  I see them as a 2025 QB team with a final roll of the dice situation this year.

Late 1st-2nd - NE - Michael Penix (Maybe add Howell as well) - I just don't see them winning the Fields/Cousins sweeps and also don't see them doing the flashy top of draft franchise QB route.  They trade down to build out their team, including a second tier type in Penix.  

FA - ATL - Kirk Cousins - I see this as a good fit and there's some rumors picking up.  They are the most "insert vet here" team ready for Cousins.  Allows them to use their first on someone like Jared Verse.

FA - Raiders - Justin Fields - This has to be the team going for him w/Baker staying in TB.  I also have a feeling the Raiders are going to be an entertaining see-saw type team next year with Pierce.  Perfect situation for an up and down guy like Fields. 

*Broncos stick with Stidham for 2024, could draft a guy late like Rattler or Travis.  

Potential Ewers/Sanders sweeps 2025: Panthers, Broncos, Steelers

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Potential Ewers/Sanders sweeps 2025: Panthers, Broncos, Steelers

I'm high on Sanders but I am really intrigued by Riley Leonard at ND.  He has a chance to really climb up draft boards.  Some scouts are trying to hype up Weigman at A&M (not sure about that one) and Beck at UGA is interesting....

I'm not too high on next year's QB class but next season hasn't happened yet either. I doubt anyone would've predicted say Joe Burrow exploding and having one of the best seasons in college football history winning the Heisman and ultimately going #1 overall. A lot can change between now and next April.

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not too high on next year's QB class but next season hasn't happened yet either. I doubt anyone would've predicted say Joe Burrow exploding and having one of the best seasons in college football history winning the Heisman and ultimately going #1 overall. A lot can change between now and next April.

I remember when people were thinking a Carson Strong/Matt Carrol/Sam Howell 1st round crop was looking promising …and the only guy that wound up in the first wasn’t on radars (Pickett). Amazing what one year can do.

Re: Maye - He has some accuracy issues on his medium length throws and some poor decision making under pressure. Nothing that can’t be corrected but I just think the potential of Daniels could override Maye in some (not all) teams’ eyes. Could easily be #2 to WAS and would be #1 overall in other drafts

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I'm high on Sanders but I am really intrigued by Riley Leonard at ND.  He has a chance to really climb up draft boards.  Some scouts are trying to hype up Weigman at A&M (not sure about that one) and Beck at UGA is interesting....

Shedeur is very very good. I would love to draft him. Leonard is very athletic but reminds me of another Duke product in Danny Jones. 

3 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

Shedeur is very very good. I would love to draft him. Leonard is very athletic but reminds me of another Duke product in Danny Jones. 

Sanders is currently the top. That’s why it’s important to see how Leonard does at ND. The school thing also doesn’t hold much neigh anymore. See CJ Stroud and OSU. 

12 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I remember when people were thinking a Carson Strong/Matt Carrol/Sam Howell 1st round crop was looking promising …and the only guy that wound up in the first wasn’t on radars (Pickett). Amazing what one year can do.

Re: Maye - He has some accuracy issues on his medium length throws and some poor decision making under pressure. Nothing that can’t be corrected but I just think the potential of Daniels could override Maye in some (not all) teams’ eyes. Could easily be #2 to WAS and would be #1 overall in other drafts

I honestly don't think there's any real traction to this Daniels > Maye talk and I'm still stunned the Steelers were dumb enough to fall for Pickett.

27 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly don't think there's any real traction to this Daniels > Maye talk and I'm still stunned the Steelers were dumb enough to fall for Pickett.

I agree--Maye was a bit generous with the picks and Daniels sorta came out of the blue with a dual threat qb.  I would take Maye over Daniels--but reading some love for Daniels from Washington.  To me, Daniels is a notch better than Anthony Richardson and he seemed to gain steam closer to the draft.  I think Lamar Jackson has something to do with that, but I dunno.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I agree--Maye was a bit generous with the picks and Daniels sorta came out of the blue with a dual threat qb.  I would take Maye over Daniels--but reading some love for Daniels from Washington.  To me, Daniels is a notch better than Anthony Richardson and he seemed to gain steam closer to the draft.  I think Lamar Jackson has something to do with that, but I dunno.

Daniels developed some really good pocket awareness in 2022 from what I saw.  He's a lot more refined than others he compares to coming out.  I was keeping my eye on him last draft season along with Cam Ward and Michael Penix.  None ended up going into the draft but Daniels was the one of those guys who really stepped his game up.  He's come a long way in his college career.  

20 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Which means that 4-5 surprises will screw it up so badly I have to create a new account to avoid all the Nostre Damus hindsight psychics on here.  Maybe something like Dragon Fire. 

game of thrones fire GIF

I fully know predicting draft picks is near impossible after the first couple picks. 

Plus you are right ONE QB can cause a domino effect that changes every teams plans. 

But still you got some great guesses. 

• Beer 1