• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We should draft Randy Moss 2.0

CRA

55 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Harrison has tape of his speed and getting seperation though.   I dont want any receiver who was known for how well they made contested catches in college. 

I mean, depends how you want to look at it.  He can get separation vertically.  He does need to work on his routes.  There is rawness.  I don't think he has peaked personally and I think he keeps getting better. 

There are worse picks we could make with our 2nd/3rd pick in the draft. 

But NFL open/contested catches is important.   Some guys naturally excel at that.  I think that is the takeaway there.  89 despite his size might be one of the best examples you can name at excelling at that and we took advantage of it.  I think you are framing that as him just not being able to get open.  

I'm not saying use the 33rd on him.  But one of our next two? Yeah, I like his potential.  And I like it WAY more than Mingo coming out. 

16 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Don’t know what to make of him, he didn’t do squat his previous 4 years. He's a physical specimen, but doesn’t really run great routes  

maybe a Gamecock fan can speak on it....but from a Clemson fans perspective, once they basically opened Spencer Rattler up to pass at the end of 2022.....Leggette started to blossom.  

Before that?  I mean Gamecocks were starting grad assistants at QB that were supposed to be on staff and dudes you wouldn't really call SEC passers like Doty IMO.    It wasn't really a place to highlight someone like Leggette who IMO fits more aggressive pass play. 

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, depends how you want to look at it.  He can get separation vertically.  He does need to work on his routes.  There is rawness.  I don't think he has peaked personally and I think he keeps getting better. 

There are worse picks we could make with our 2nd/3rd pick in the draft. 

But NFL open/contested catches is important.   Some guys naturally excel at that.  I think that is the takeaway there.  89 despite his size might be one of the best examples you can name at excelling at that and we took advantage of it.  I think you are framing that as him just not being able to get open.  

I'm not saying use the 33rd on him.  But one of our next two? Yeah, I like his potential.  And I like it WAY more than Mingo coming out. 

The guy is 23 and just finished his 5th season of college football, which was his only decent one.  Saying hes still really raw sounds like Fitterer. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

maybe a Gamecock fan can speak on it....but from a Clemson fans perspective, once they basically opened Spencer Rattler up to pass at the end of 2022.....Leggette started to blossom.  

Before that?  I mean Gamecocks were starting grad assistants at QB that were supposed to be on staff and dudes you wouldn't really call SEC passers like Doty IMO.    It wasn't really a place to highlight someone like Leggette who IMO fits more aggressive pass play. 

Problem is he was barely seeing the field before this year, that means he was getting outplayed by other WR for reps 

45 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

The guy is 23 and just finished his 5th season of college football, which was his only decent one.  Saying hes still really raw sounds like Fitterer. 

I mean, did you watch the kid this season? 

Like I said, I’m a Gamecock hater.  So I’m actually bringing bias the other way into this.  But it’s hard to of watched this kid over the course of the year and not like the potential. 

and it’s hard to if liked a Mingo and not like this kid a lot more.  So yeah, 2nd or 3rd pick seems like a good pick.  We don’t need him to be a stud week 1.   We got short term band aid vets right now.  We need long term answers.  

my ideal draft was a Texas kid in the 2nd and Leggette in the 3rd.  Now we got another pick between those. Not sure he falls that far anymore.  But we have made way way way dumber picks than a Legette in that range 

21 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Problem is he was barely seeing the field before this year, that means he was getting outplayed by other WR for reps 

He started turning it on at the end of the prior year when you know….the Gameock QB actually started to throw the ball. 

Prior to that, a raw/developing WR player didn’t have much to a place on bad pass O.   Like I said that starts getting into the window they were pulling coaches to be the QB at Carolina. 

Everyone’s timeline is different.  2023 matters  way more than 2021. 

5 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

That’s not completely true. He was a dual threat QB that moved to wide receiver. He didn’t get outplayed, he never played the position before college. 

4 hours ago, Beast_3000 said:

That’s not completely true. He was a dual threat QB that moved to wide receiver. He didn’t get outplayed, he never played the position before college. 

He played WR in HS also but his coach moved him to QB his senior year. So yes he was outplayed