• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Millers' 7 Round Mock (Panthers info only)

1 minute ago, Lame Duck said:

Just like my lazy take on Bryce last year?  Anyways, continue to watch YouTube and think you some sort of analyst.  I’ll continue to follow NFL models.

IMG_6193.thumb.jpeg.78ed597493dfed5b3e204dc6822b9cb1.jpeg

We're not talking about Bryce, were talking about Xavier Legette, a receiver. There were plenty of scouts that disagreed about Bryce. There were warning signs and legit concerns over his size.

I haven't heard not one single scout or analyst compare him to Mingo. It's only on the Huddle that you hear this b.s. I will take the word of people who do it for a living before I'll take your word. Sorry (not sorry). I'll also believe my eyes about receivers because I've been watching receivers for a long time. Hell, I was labeled The WR Extremist on this very site. Legette has "it."

Idk about Legette. But can we please stop acting like Mingo is the worst WR we've ever drafted? Certainly he left some things to be desired but we traded up to draft a QB #1 that couldn't even hit him deep in one of the most basic scenarios any starting QB worth his salt turns into a touchdown 10 times out of 10.

It's fair to wonder how Mingo would have looked if Dalton had played a few more games.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Sounds nice but will the Panthers actually call slants? Just like rolling the QB out, it's something this team doesn't do no matter what regime is in charge.

Think Bryce can see over the line fast enough to throw 10 yard slant?  Other teams also bring safeties forward because we do not throw deep.

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Sounds nice but will the Panthers actually call slants? Just like rolling the QB out, it's something this team doesn't do no matter what regime is in charge.

We actually did roll Bryce out from the pocket some toward the end of last season and it wasn't pretty. Not necessarily because of the OL either. Maybe he was just shell-shocked at that point but it was bad.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

Think Bryce can see over the line fast enough to throw 10 yard slant?  Other teams also bring safeties forward because we do not throw deep.

I remember slants being his bread in butter behind that Alabama OL.  I can't imagine they are much smaller than the NFL one he has now.  It's all about passing lanes.  

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

They are big receivers, who are very fast in a straight line, who struggle with quickness/route running and creating seperation in college.  I dont get the people who dont have lots lf questions about legette.  He literally was terrible until his 5th season.  Maybe more comparable to a faster straight speed Laviska?

39 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

How do you explain not having any questions at all about his first 4 seasons?

Brett Kollman actually broke down the reasons why it took so long, and it gives a ton of context. I too was pretty skeptical until I saw it:

• Played a running attack style QB in HS where his athleticism had him run for 1600 yards his senior year
  • Both his parents died before college, father dying right before he leaves
  • Goes to SC and gets switched to WR where he grey shirted his freshman year
  • Covid Hits
  • SC Changes coaching staff
  • Coaching change brings in new offense where he has to learn new WR stuff on top of trying to learn the position after losing a year thanks to the pandemic
  • Played behind already established upper classmen until his most recent season

Dude could have transferred out of SC but chose to grind it out and earn his spot. Dude is mentally tough and gritty as poo. Coaches rave about his practice habits and teammates love him. Loyal guy. Athletic freak of nature

Don't know why you wouldn't want that kind of player on the team.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 3

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I remember slants being his bread in butter behind that Alabama OL.  I can't imagine they are much smaller than the NFL one he has now.  It's all about passing lanes.  

Agreed.  Our OL was ass last year.  I think with these new OGs, we will have more success with slants.  

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

that's all folks circle GIF

Show me ANY credible scout that has comped/compared Legette to Mingo. I'm waiting.

And for sh¡ts and giggles, in any (event fairly) recent mock drafts have Legette going and compare those to where they had Mingo (which honestly wasn't even on my radar) mocked last off-season. 

Then, tell me where Mingo was hailed as a vertical threat, physical at the point of attack (hell, physical at all), and uses his frame and strength to play bully ball amid DBs. And for the hell of it, show me where Mingo actually displayed these traits with any type of consistency.

And to top it all off, show me where anyone thought that Mingo had any legit speed, and more importantly game speed.

Your take is lazy. Don't be a clown GIF

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

call me crazy but I would rather not spend another 2nd rounder (marshall mingo) on a guy that needs to "refine" his route running

McConkey checks that box, along with elite separation and great hands.  YMMV.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Brett Kollman actually broke down the reasons why it took so long, and it gives a ton of context. I too was pretty skeptical until I saw it:

• Played a running attack style QB in HS where his athleticism had him run for 1600 yards his senior year
  • Both his parents died before college, father dying right before he leaves
  • Goes to SC and gets switched to WR where he grey shirted his freshman year
  • Covid Hits
  • SC Changes coaching staff
  • Coaching change brings in new offense where he has to learn new WR stuff on top of trying to learn the position after losing a year thanks to the pandemic
  • Played behind already established upper classmen until his most recent season

Dude could have transferred out of SC but chose to grind it out and earn his spot. Dude is mentally tough and gritty as poo. Coaches rave about his practice habits and teammates love him. Loyal guy. Athletic freak of nature

Don't know why you wouldn't want that kind of player on the team.

Thanks.