• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR Poll - Temperature Check

WR Preference/Temperature Check  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like the most for us?

• Keon Coleman
    • Ladd McConkey
    • Troy Franklin
    • Ricky Pearsall
    • Xavier Legette
    • Ja'Lynn Polk
    • Roman Wilson
    • Javon Baker
    • Xavier Worthy
    • Other (Name & Explain)

2 hours ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

Slow? He ran a faster 40 than Ladd (Who I also like minus the size)

40 time is how fast you run a 40 though.   It's not exactly football speed. 

• Beer 1

On 4/8/2024 at 10:14 PM, Ricky Spanish said:

bumping this thread because I keep finding Receivers I like:

Ainias Smith:

His RAC reminds me of our own Smitty (he dances a bit more than Smitty did) BUT, he runs with attitude/angry and doesn't shy from contact.

Previously mentioned Jalen Coker:

Great Body control, man among boys and lets his opponents know it. Dawg like tendencies

Joshua Cephus:

Fluid, plays faster than his 40 time, YAC Threat, Big dude, transitions to full speed after catch very quickly.

Mid to late round receivers are fun man, I like this class a lot.

same. don't know much about Cephus but i need to check into him. One that is another smaller guy but a legit threat is anthony gould. guy is insanely quick. 

8 hours ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

Why do 32 NFL teams bother showing up to watch these guys run the 40 then? If we can just disregard it when it doesn't fit a narrative we have about a player?

I don't think you totally disregard it.....but it's still how fast you run a 40.   And dudes spend tons of time perfecting their track starts and all that jazz.  And the track kids always have an edge. 

I mean, is a 4.3 kid faster than a 4.4 kid on a football field? Not necessarily.  That's all I mean. 

• Beer 2

42 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't think you totally disregard it.....but it's still how fast you run a 40.   And dudes spend tons of time perfecting their track starts and all that jazz.  And the track kids always have an edge. 

I mean, is a 4.3 kid faster than a 4.4 kid on a football field? Not necessarily.  That's all I mean. 

true. if all the fastest 40 timers do is run straight line routes, then sure...they have the advantage.

just being able to run straight line doesn't mean that they will be the fastest route runners or even the fastest off the line. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

same. don't know much about Cephus but i need to check into him. One that is another smaller guy but a legit threat is anthony gould. guy is insanely quick. 

I've been looking at Cephus for a while.  All dude did was put up numbers.  I guess being at UTSA he's being overlooked.  I have mocked him some late day 3 depending if I failed to get a second WR prior to that.  Not a bad flyer pick if he's still on the board with that #240.

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I've been looking at Cephus for a while.  All dude did was put up numbers.  I guess being at UTSA he's being overlooked.  I have mocked him some late day 3 depending if I failed to get a second WR prior to that.  Not a bad flyer pick if he's still on the board with that #240.

wasn't there some guy from utah that got overlooked a few years ago?

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, CRA said:

It also has nothing to do with how fast you can get open off the line. Kick returns and general yac it's useful but for the whole Canales 2.7 seconds thing it's not the top priority in skillset