• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AFS Podcast - Brugler's Latest Intel on the WR class

They went a bit in depth on Worthy.  Seems to have some of the bigger red flags when it comes to his game moreso than any guy in the draft.  Would not be surprised if he had a decent fall.  

Edit-add-

They also had a decent section on Malachi Corley.  The issue with him is team's trying to figure out what he's capable of at the jump.  The Deebo comparisons got a bit of a laugh.  Corley couldn't make the combine, and he only decided on running at his pro-day.  Team's are still really uncertain and sounds like a big reason why he has (30) scheduled Private 30-visits.  Route running is a bit of a mystery, though, just because he hasn't been asked to do a lot doesn't mean he can't.  His interviews will make or break where he ends up.  

• Pie 6

Surprised on Leggette’s ranking just based on many mocks having him going in the 1st half of the 2nd round all the way to some having the Bills/Chiefs taking him. 

I just hope if we take one of these dudes we hit on him. We need weapon talent more than any team in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, chknwing said:

I still want Keon Cole

Ah! Almost forgot the bit on him.  

I thought it was rather interesting.  They have some concerns with his speed and ability to create separation at the pro-level, but he's a guy that can just make it happen when thrown to.  They mentioned D Hopkins as a comp, not grade wise, just style & frame.  Nate has him at 33 overall on his big board.  

• Pie 2

Just now, Bear Hands said:

Ah! Almost forgot the bit on him.  

I thought it was rather interesting.  They have some concerns with his speed and ability to create separation at the pro-level, but he's a guy that can just make it happen when thrown to.  They mentioned D Hopkins as a comp, not grade wise, just style & frame.  Nate has him at 33 overall on his big board.  

keon cole had like 2 drops last season and 5 total in 2 years.  5.  How many drops did panther players drop last season?  Theilen had 7 by himself.

2 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

Surprised on Leggette’s ranking just based on many mocks having him going in the 1st half of the 2nd round all the way to some having the Bills/Chiefs taking him. 

I just hope if we take one of these dudes we hit on him. We need weapon talent more than any team in the NFL. 

I think it's a case of him being an X-Prototype.  

If there's a team sold on his ability to be impactful outside from the get-go, then I think it's obvious he leaps some of the other second to third rounders.  If a team has legit concerns about his game on the outside and thinks he's more developmental, then he's going to be in that late 2nd-mid 3rd range.  

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Robert, Nate & Dane had a great discussion on the class this week.  Really nice talk. 

Ze notes: 

-Marv is the clear #1.  Some teams technically have Nabers ahead of him, but it doesn't sound like those teams are one's in the top-10.

-Nabers & Odunze aren't far behind.  They are special and each would've been the #1 WR in the past 2 drafts.  

-McConkey is high for a lot of teams.  His combination of Z and Slot ability could end up being 60%+ in the Z.  Can make things happen against zone and man.  Excellent, top notch route runner, gets open quicker than anyone in the class.  They said his skills and what he brings are the best fit for what Bryce Young needs in Carolina.

-AD Mitchell has some inconsistency issues that could put him anywhere from 22 to 40.  Still, extremely good prospect.

-Teams are the most split on Legette, Troy Franklin and Worthy.  Those guys could be anywhere from the 50s to the 70s.  

-Polk is a favorite higher than people think.  May not be a top-end #1, but he's a real Robert Woods esque contributor.

-Brugler's favorite receiver after the top few rounds: Malik Washington out of Virginia.  Our own @Verge 's favorite as well.  Powerful, twitchy, one of the best true pass catchers.  Is an instant contributor.

-Legette has real DK Metcalf top speed, yard eater.  But he's limited, you want him on runway routes where he gains speed.  He simply does not work himself open. #77 big board for Dane.  He's good for posts, crossers, verticals.  Early to Mid 3rd rounder comfort level.  He's past ~60 overall for a lot of teams.  Treylon Burks comparisons but looks bit better in some respects.  Special Teams guy at the start, developmental X.  Requires a very careful situation and offensive ecosystem.  

-McMillan - potential stud.  Scrappy in the run game, great instant slot ability.

-Roman Wilson has a 4th round grade.  

-Jermaine Burton has real skills, but is apparently a headache.  Also got in the doghouse for at least 2 of the many schools he played for.  Inconsistent, but sneaky big ceiling.  

-Their long shot "Puka Nacua" guy: Rice

Thank you. Brugler is terrific Nate Tice is annoying 

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:

Thank you. Brugler is terrific Nate Tice is annoying 

Nate thinks he's funnier than he actually is at times, but he's shown to have a good offensive eye at times, more in the trenches and at TE.  I guess the house he grew up in helps ha.  His "guys" defensively have been a bit shoddy over the years.  

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

I think it's a case of him being an X-Prototype.  

If there's a team sold on his ability to be impactful outside from the get-go, then I think it's obvious he leaps some of the other second to third rounders.  If a team has legit concerns about his game on the outside and thinks he's more developmental, then he's going to be in that late 2nd-mid 3rd range.  

Yeah, I like his skill set, but I’m not sure he’s what we need…. Now I think him in KC he’d do hella damage with Mahomes… I guess that’s any good receiver though lol. 

I was surprised they didn't chat Pearsall, but the guys with no rumors flying around can be the ones teams don't want anyone knowing they are targeting.  I still think he's the best fit for us and would be an excellent choice at 39 or in a trade down in R2.  

D. Walker outta UNC also got a bit of a passing neg but Brugler didn't report any team specific intel on him.  More of a guy Nate didn't like.

• Beer 1