• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 Game 1 Canes vs Isles 5pm Saturday

Even if Sorokin finds last years form I don't think it will be enough for the Isles we beat  in 6 with freaking MacKenzie Mckeathern on Ahos wing the Canes ability to score is much greater than last year...
These are the players the Canes didn't have last season when we played you.

Guentzel
Svechnikov
Teravainen
Orlov
Anderson

And Jarvis has made a huge leap up to being a 33 goal scorer (honestly if Rod hadn't glued him to Staal for half the season he probably would have gotten 40)

Every one of these is a massive upgrade over what we trotted out agaist the Isles last season.... couple that with Sorokins poor year and yes I'd be shocked if this series was close.... on the scoreboard or otherwise.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Even if Sorokin finds last years form I don't think it will be enough for the Isles we beat  in 6 with freaking MacKenzie Mckeathern on Ahos wing the Canes ability to score is much greater than last year...
These are the players the Canes didn't have last season when we played you.

Guentzel
Svechnikov
Teravainen
Orlov
Anderson

And Jarvis has made a huge leap up to being a 33 goal scorer (honestly if Rod hadn't glued him to Staal for half the season he probably would have gotten 40)

Every one of these is a massive upgrade over what we trotted out agaist the Isles last season.... couple that with Sorokins poor year and yes I'd be shocked if this series was close.... on the scoreboard or otherwise.

Varlamov is getting the net and is fugging hot right now. 

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Varlamov is getting the net and is fugging hot right now. 

Take a look at who he's played while "hot" not to mention Freddie is Hotter....

The Islanders aren't gonna score more than 2 4x....

Remember Rod doesn't line match in the regular season I just don't see them scoring enough for this to be a close series....

This isn't last year our top scorer isn't gonna be Jesper Fast,

Edited by PantherChris
  • Pie 2

5 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Take a look at who he's played while "hot" not to mention Freddie is Hotter....

Varlamov beat the rags and Preds, In fact he blanked the Preds, in his last 5. Rags, Preds, Winnipeg and Florida in his last 10 only losing to Ottawa in OT and Tampa. 

Varlamov… “is 8-1-1 in 10 games with a goals against average of 2.09 and a save percentage of .930 in his last 10 games.”

Yes Freddie is on point but don’t sleep on the islanders or Varlamov. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Varlamov beat the rags and Preds, In fact he blanked the Preds, in his last 5. Rags, Preds, Winnipeg and Florida in his last 10 only losing to Ottawa in OT and Tampa. 

Varlamov… “is 8-1-1 in 10 games with a goals against average of 2.09 and a save percentage of .930 in his last 10 games.”

Yes Freddie is on point but don’t sleep on the islanders or Varlamov. 

He blanked the Preds after they clinched and had nothing to play for Freddie Anderson is 9-1 in his last ten with a 1.3 GAA and a save % of .951.

Canes have the Advantage there.

The only Advantage the Isles have is in hits and blocked shots, which probably wouldn't be one if the Canes didn't have possession of the puck 61% of the time..

#2 PP vs #32 PK (71.5%) 

#1 PK vs #19 PP

If this makes it to six I'd be shocked. The only hope they have Is if Varlomov can go God mode and the Canes PP reverts to back what it was last post season without Guentzel, Svechnikov, Orlov .

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Any updated on Quickie?

In the playoff thread.

Will not start game 1.

Wont know till he practices, paraphrases Rod.

”Not a concussion”. A “neck sprain” per Donny Wads. “A matter of days”. 

I am sure they are probably physically restraining him from getting on the ice. You ain’t gonna keep that dude out. Not for the playoffs. 

Edit: I also want to point out in the presser Donny Wads specially referenced the MSF line. You can find all the pressers at: 

canespr.com ->media availabilities. 

MSF mother fuger. Better fugging happen. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1