• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Call The Shot" Playoff Challenge

Here it is, just in time for the post-season. There is a new wrinkle to the challenge that was not in play during the regular season.

You may call a shutout by naming either goalie, Carolina or the opponent, as your pick. You cannot make a goal scoring pick, only one pick per game is allowed. If you pick Freddie, for example, you are calling him to put up a shutout and that is your pick for the game. No others allowed.

16 wins are needed to win the Cup, let's see if someone can get at least 16 correct picks for the post-season!

@Anybodyhome what’s the rule if say…

Either side pulls a goalie, or goalie injury, etc and someone picked a goalie by name. 

IE: a goalie pitched a shutout but leaves due to injury, and the other team scores on the replacement. Should we add a caveat goalie must finish the game to be considered for a shutout? Or should we just consider it by team shutout?

Sorry to throw a wrench in there. 

Edited by Harbingers

24 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

@Anybodyhome what’s the rule if say…

Either side pulls a goalie, or goalie injury, etc and someone picked a goalie by name. 

IE: a goalie pitched a shutout but leaves due to injury, and the other team scores on the replacement. Should we add a caveat goalie must finish the game to be considered for a shutout? Or should we just consider it by team shutout?

Sorry to throw a wrench in there. 

To keep things simple, we'll call it a team shutout. In reality, goalies are not tagged with empty netters on their stat sheet; and goalies who are replaced during the game are only tagged with the loss if they gave up the game winner to the other team. So, in order to keep the complications in check, we'll call it a team shutout. 

If anything happens out of the ordinary, we'll have to take it under review. Hope this helps.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

So I’ll have to pick my player today because I’m out tmrw.  But I’m still confused. Do we pick you gets first goal or is this just for goalie for all teams?

It’s first goal but you can call a shutout instead if you want. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

So I’ll have to pick my player today because I’m out tmrw.  But I’m still confused. Do we pick you gets first goal or is this just for goalie for all teams?

You pick first goal as we've done thus far, or...

You may pick a goalie for a shutout.

You cannot pick both. Either a shooter with first goal or a goalie with a shutout.

• Pie 2