• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Day Trade Scenerio

1 hour ago, chknwing said:

I think a likely trade would be for Carolina to trade down to #36 and pickup #78.  Washington is picking a QB in the first and may need a WR/OL to go with it.

What are your trade scenerios?

My hope is Washington falls in love with someone and we get 36 & 40. I know it won't happen, but that is my dream. Other than that I don't want to trade down. 

5 minutes ago, Growl said:

Recency bias, all of those latter guys would go behind the first rounders. Pearsall played the majority of his snaps from the slot. 

Maybe...

Zay ran in the 4.4s at 5'9" and a buck nothing.

Quentin ran in the 4.5s.

Jordan barely broke 4.5s at 4.49.

I just don't think they'd be that high this season. But I could be wrong. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Navy_football said:

Maybe...

Zay ran in the 4.4s at 5'9" and a buck nothing.

Quentin ran in the 4.5s.

Jordan barely broke 4.5s at 4.49.

I just don't think they'd be that high this season. But I could be wrong. 

these are just 40 times?

maybe I’m misunderstanding what you’re saying.

All those players were better prospects than the players you listed.

I am not sure that you can compare this draft to those of recent memory.  This is a loaded draft, and if you ever were to trade down, this would be the draft.  However, if your scouts suck and your GM is an idiot, as was the case in the past, trading back only opens the door for hindsight experts to go back in a year or two and start the "We coulda had..." process.  I think we can drop and add a third or so and do well, but until the cards start hitting the table, it is hard to say right now.

11 hours ago, 45catfan said:

image.png.b1086b7d56a50866f8aa1f2746b476d4.png

image.png.7683ba44221aa04d7fba14917b24864d.png

Traded back from #39 got Pearsall at #44 AND added two extra picks. 

I would be partying in May if this was our draft.  For some reason, I do not think Pearsall is getting the respect he deserves.  Tampa is solid.  In my mocks, I go for 2 CBs (nickel and outside depth)--but then again, I live on the edge.

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, Mistuh Jones said:

I'd rather see us take a stud at 33 and trade back at 39.......

The second round is solid most of the way through.  Unless a stud falls, the next tier is something like 20 picks deep.

The Harbaugh Chargers will be interesting.  Harbaugh likes to build the OL, but he could be sitting on Nabors at #5.  He can't take Alt when a stud like Nabors is sitting at a position of need.  He also needs a LT--There is a chance that either or both Tyler Guyton (OK) and/or Jordan Morgan (Ariz) is sitting there at #33.  I could see a trade with the Chargers wherein we drop from 33 to 37 and add a fourth or fifth.  That may not sound dramatic, but this draft has some solid players late (CB is remarkably deep, as is WR). 

• Pie 1