• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is no one considering double dip at WR?

For one thing, do you guys think we are gonna be some shootout survivors?

Or do you think we still need to limit the other offense? 

And why don’t we let the new management decide who is in play at WR, that is here already? I expect a WR to be taken. I still hold to the idea that our QB doesn’t recognize or can’t execute NFL open. It is an issue he needs to get straight. But, I get it and have no issue with 33 or 39 being WR.  If later on we think we can make a great bet on a guy that was overlooked, fine. 

But let’s don’t pretend the defense doesn’t need to get buttoned up and if there is a top talent, deal with it. 

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, strato said:

For one thing, do you guys think we are gonna be some shootout survivors?

Or do you think we still need to limit the other offense? 

And why don’t we let the new management decide who is in play at WR, that is here already? I expect a WR to be taken. I still hold to the idea that our QB doesn’t recognize or can’t execute NFL open. It is an issue he needs to get straight. But, I get it and have no issue with 33 or 39 being WR.  If later on we think we can make a great bet on a guy that was overlooked, fine. 

But let’s don’t pretend the defense doesn’t need to get buttoned up and if there is a top talent, deal with it. 

Still trying to figure out how many targets people think a rookie WR, let alone 2, are going to get behind Johnson and Thielen. And some think we're cool at CB/DE lol. Canales knows we have to be run first with a dink and dunk QB so at some point we have to think about stopping the other team from scoring. If Horn gets injured we're out there hoping Dane Jackson and Troy Hill can play 100% of snaps smdh. 

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Your being short sighted. I would not let 1 year define the future of my franchise for the next 6-8 seasons. If you hit on 1 or 2 of these guys you set your franchise qb up well as a contender for most of his career.  players near and around 30 are in the twilight of their career and could fall off a cliff at any given moment. 

I think you're being short sighted, if you need a wr next year draft one or get one in FA.  I guarantee that if we double dip at wr and one gets 30 targets, 90% of the huddle will call him a bust and want another wideout next year

Edited by jfra78
  • Beer 2

8 hours ago, CRA said:

Beason, Kalil, Charles Johnson plus a Rosario Dawson.  

Morgan, Jenkins, Smitty 

Peppers, Foster, Spoon

Several with 2.  Luke and Norman, KK and Star, Williams and Anderson, Stew and Otah

Recently we have sucked.  But we used to get multiple legit starters in drafts 

Used to. And this proves my point. The best drafts theyve had still couldn't produce a championship level team. And all those guys produced how many back to back winning seasons? How many times did they help win the nfcs? That's right, it doesn't matter until they figure out how to add more than 2 or 3 good players every half decade or so. It takes a complete team built over the long haul to compete every season, not just compete every decade or so.  They have to do that EVERY draft.

Hypothetical 

Say Brock Bowers falls in the 20's. Would you trade both of our 2nd rd picks to trade up into the 1st Rd and draft Brock Bowers?

That's probably the only player I would trade up for simply because I believe Bowers will be the next elite TE. Dude is a legit RB after the catch. Reminds me of Mike Alstott in a TE's body.

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Hypothetical 

Say Brock Bowers falls in the 20's. Would you trade both of our 2nd rd picks to trade up into the 1st Rd and draft Brock Bowers?

That's probably the only player I would trade up for simply because I believe Bowers will be the next elite TE. Dude is a legit RB after the catch. Reminds me of Mike Alstott in a TE's body.

tough call to not make, but i wouldn't do it. i wouldn't throw a tantrum if we did it and i'd still be excited to get him, but i'd rather get two good players there.

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Used to. And this proves my point. The best drafts theyve had still couldn't produce a championship level team. And all those guys produced how many back to back winning seasons? How many times did they help win the nfcs? That's right, it doesn't matter until they figure out how to add more than 2 or 3 good players every half decade or so. It takes a complete team built over the long haul to compete every season, not just compete every decade or so.  They have to do that EVERY draft.

I mean, back when we actually drafted decent (I mean, people bash Hurney but his drafts were decent vs the field).....we still went to 2 Super Bowls largely off his picks.  To win a championship requires luck.  Lot of athletes talk about that.  It's not just being good.  We got unlucky in twice in the Super Bowl.  But we built 2 different Super Bowl teams. 

We have sucked drafting lately.  It's been about 1 legit player per draft.  It doesn't have to be that way.  We proved that before.  But yeah, I have little doubt in the Tepper era we can pull much off......outside of just blind luck. 

26 minutes ago, rayzor said:

tough call to not make, but i wouldn't do it. i wouldn't throw a tantrum if we did it and i'd still be excited to get him, but i'd rather get two good players there.

it will be natural to rage against whatever they do.....and then slowly accept and celebrate it.  It is the way. 

• Beer 1

Tomorrow we can commemorate the brilliance that gave our 1st rounder away, and at the same time turned it into the top pick. One fell swoop. Maybe it’s two fell swoops. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

it will be natural to rage against whatever they do.....and then slowly accept and celebrate it.  It is the way. 

lifting a pint anyways and drinking it down helps.

40 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Yeah I think he's unlikely to fall that low. I was just throwing it out there because that's one of the few prospects I could see us trading up for.

Bowers imo will be better than any WR prospect in this draft. I'm truly high on this kid and his talent. Whoever gets him will be extremely lucky.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, strato said:

Tomorrow we can commemorate the brilliance that gave our 1st rounder away, and at the same time turned it into the top pick. One fell swoop. Maybe it’s two fell swoops. 

Explosion Bridge GIF by Storyful

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah I think he's unlikely to fall that low. I was just throwing it out there because that's one of the few prospects I could see us trading up for.

Bowers imo will be better than any WR prospect in this draft. I'm truly high on this kid and his talent. Whoever gets him will be extremely lucky.

i imagine that if he falls outside of the top 10 there's going to be several teams on the phones.

• Pie 1

Yeah, I guess. That water flowed under our briodge and straight upstream to Chicago.

If we had kept it, it probably wouldn’t be the 1st pick either, so there’s that too. You’re right.