• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT thread

MHS831

26 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Guys, I'm so fuging hyped for Coker. Really rooting for him because he's a small school guy, but the dude also has that DAWG in him. Dude plays fearlessly.

Don't do it. We've been down that road before. I was telling @Jon Snow that I won't fall for the false dreams of a UDFA WR again...

He looks pretty damned good though. Smitty seems to think the competition won't matter. He said the guy knows why he is making the moves he is making at any particular moment and to what end. 89 says Coker is a technician. I mean, if he's right...not...gonna...lie...it's a little exciting, but...

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

the list had an error, I think. 

Taylor Upshaw Edge Arizona

Sam Pinckney, WR Coastal

Jack Plummer, QB, Louisville

Jalen Coker, WR, Holy Cross

Popo Aumava, DT, Oregon

Wilie Drew, CB, Virginia State

Derrick McLendon, LB, Colorado  

Deshawn Gaddie Jr, CB Ole Miss

Jeremiah Crawford, OL Tennessee

Andrew Raym, C, Oklahoma

Devin Carter, WR, WVU

Leo Lowin, LB, Army

image.png.773ebd8764e0f00d903948a71e374e6d.png

Leo Lowin is also a rookie camp invite only, but my poor reading skills. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Leo Lowin is also a rookie camp invite only, but my poor reading skills. 

We are working at a pretty fast pace--appreciate all everyone has done to get the information out asap.

theres more I think- https://nfldraftdiamonds.com/2023/06/kevin-foelsch/

Carolina Panthers Undrafted Free Agents

• QB – Jack Plummer, Louisville
  • WR – Sam Pinckney, Coastal Carolina
  • WR – Jalen Coker, Holy Cross
  • WR – Devin Carter, West Virginia
  • TE – Kevin Foelsh, New Haven
  • OL – Jeremiah Crawford, Tennessee
  • OL – Andrew Rahm, Oklahoma
  • DE – Taylor Upshaw, Arizona
  • DT – Popo Aumavae, Oregon
  • LB – Derrick McLendon, Colorado
  • LB – Leo Lowin, Army
  • CB – Willie Drew, Virginia State
  • CB – DeShawn Gaddie, Ole Miss
  • S – Demani Richardson, Texas A&M
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, WUnderhill said:

I don’t think we can rely on an UDFA unfortunately. Starter-wise our best bets are Corbett or Christensen at this point. If they’re terrible or injured we’re at backup level for the year just hoping it’s not a train wreck.

They needed a starting caliber center worse than another WR. Center is probably going to be a disaster of a position this season. Bad center play will tank the entire line. This team can’t do anything right. 

5 minutes ago, TD alt said:

Don't do it. We've been down that road before. I was telling @Jon Snow that I won't fall for the false dreams of a UDFA WR again...

He looks pretty damned good though. Smitty seems to think the competition won't matter. He said the guy knows why he is making the moves he is making at any particular moment and to what end. 89 says Coker is a technician. I mean, if he's right...not...gonna...lie...it's a little exciting, but...

They signed him to a contract--I realize one that they can break, but that shows they have a place for him.  I think they were waiting for the draft to decide what they are going to do with TMJ.  They drafted Legette to do the job that he has failed to do....Coker will play STs and spot duty as a WR and he will compete for the slot job when Thielen leaves.  The money suggests that they are more serious about him, unless there is something I don't understand.