• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers agree to terms with Rashaad Penny

2 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

for crying out loud, that link has no details about the contract.  I hate panther bot

It should be a 400,000-100,000 SB with vet min type deal is my guess. 

Here is what philly signed him for and he had a meh year- "Rashaad Penny signed a It shoult 1 year , $1,350,000 contract with the Philadelphia Eagles, including $100,000 signing bonus, $600,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,350,000."

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Basbear said:

It should be a 400,000-100,000 SB with vet min type deal is my guess. 

Here is what philly signed him for and he had a meh year- "Rashaad Penny signed a It shoult 1 year , $1,350,000 contract with the Philadelphia Eagles, including $100,000 signing bonus, $600,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,350,000."

cool, thanks.  Interesting how we suddenly have so many RBs on the roster.  Our O may be  more running oriented than I was thinking.  The moves on OL point that way.  Rookie minicamp is this weekend.  We'll hopefully get a good look at our rookie, if he's healthy

Edited by Captain Morgan

So this tells me Sanders wasn't pleased with us drafting a RB and wants out. Can't blame him, he got brought in to be the guy, struggled, got replaced by a more productive back, and now is threatened by a high round rookie. 

Penny will be here to teach the new system and help the transition period, we move Hubbard if he produces well and the rookie can produce similarly with Penny spelling him.

Smart moves.

• Pie 1