• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Off-season Thread

I think some in here are over estimating how far that 27m is going to go.

Just Jarvis, Guentzel and Chatfield are going to cost around 17 AAV. 

Jarvy even with a bridge deal is going to make in the 5m AAV range. 
Guentzel is going to be in the 9m AAV range. 
Chatfield will be in the 3-4m AAV range. 

Skjei wants around 7m AAV, Pesce already turned down a 5m AAV deal last offseason. 

This team is going to see a lot of changes going into next year. I do mean a lot of them. 

38 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I know how it works, most experts aren’t expecting him back either and his Father has already made comments on this and hard rumors are saying he won’t sign because the team won’t do what Necas wants. 

I fully expect him to be traded. 100% 

You misunderstand also lol experts....

The team won't trade him for picks/prospects some one will need to ante up a real trade piece...

He won't sit out next season period he has value and the Canes would be idiots not to get it especially since he has 2 seasons left as an RFA which means he can arbitrate a one year deal, sign an offer sheet (which can be matched) or sit out.....which does nothing to make his two years of RFA go away..... the team has Control over him.

I DONT EXPECT him back but I am saying if they don't get the VALUE  they make him pound sand.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, PantherChris said:

You misunderstand also lol experts....

The team won't trade him for picks/prospects some one will need to ante up a real trade piece...

He won't sit out next season period he has value and the Canes would be idiots not to get it especially since he has 2 seasons left as an RFA which means he can arbitrate a one year deal, sign an offer sheet (which can be matched) or sit out.....which does nothing to make his two years of RFA go away..... the team has Control over him.

I DONT EXPECT him back but I am saying if they don't get the VALUE  they make him pound sand.

They have control but they can’t afford to keep him (arbitration likely over 5-6m) if they sign Jarvy, Chatty and Guentzel to their expected AAV (17-19m) So they’ll probably want draft picks and prospects.  

If they don’t sign Guentzel, then yea they can afford to tell him to pound sand but otherwise they can’t. 

Necas is not a center. Nor is he staying. Canes will get what they can for him.

Stop assuming Guentzel wants to stay.

Slavin, Skjei, Chatty, Orlov, Morrow and (insert acquired LD here). If Burns comes back he drops off the first pair.

Jarvis and Noesen are priorities, even though they both got handcuffed when RBA started changing lines.

I believe Kuznetsov is a fit on this team and would be a good asset if RBA built the right lines.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

Necas is not a center. Nor is he staying. Canes will get what they can for him.

Stop assuming Guentzel wants to stay.

Slavin, Skjei, Chatty, Orlov, Morrow and (insert acquired LD here). If Burns comes back he drops off the first pair.

Jarvis and Noesen are priorities, even though they both got handcuffed when RBA started changing lines.

I believe Kuznetsov is a fit on this team and would be a good asset if RBA built the right lines.

Agree on Necas, he’s gone.

Guentzel seems 50-50 to me, Canes would have to pony up.

Still not sure Skjei will be back. From exit interviews he seemed less optimistic than Pesce and I definitely don’t think Pesce is back.

Jarvis and Noesen have to be back.

I think if Kuzy shoots more he could be a great asset. Put him with a passer like Turbo and a net front like Noesen.

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

What’s going to suck about Necas is that he’s going to go somewhere and put up 80+ points. Good player, wrong system.

Necas is going to be stud with a team like leafs that lets their stars shine. I’m going to miss that guy. 

• Pie 1