• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs rags rd 2 game 5 7pm

5 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

You need great goalie play or elite shot blocking to play that style. Our biggest problem is we forecheck so much, that our defense gets caught flat-footed and gives other teams odd man breaks way too much.

Got good goalie play tonight, just need more of it. Fred made some key saves early. He also seems to play better when he’s more involved early.

23 minutes ago, lightsout said:

I remember which of you motherfugers called it wraps after game 2 lol

I think I was ok until game 3 but man I was done then lol. Glad to see us back in it

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Got good goalie play tonight, just need more of it. Fred made some key saves early. He also seems to play better when he’s more involved early.

Always been the knock on him. He's so good but we're so often good in front of him that he gets cold quick. He needs a flurry in front of him to start each period or it's like watching a rookie taking his first start in the net in the playoffs. He makes a couple big saves and he's usually fine 

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He's made plenty of big saves in the series with the amount of breakaways and two-on-ones We have given the rags. His biggest thing is he will let in the worst soft goals at the worst time, such as the rags third goal in game 4

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, PantherChris said:

This is a product of facing 100 shot attempts a game 5 games in a row.

It’s a bummer the Rangers are getting an extra day of rest before Game 6. I bet if the game was Wednesday they might have considered playing Jonathan Quick. Can’t blame Igor for all the goals though, rangers defense completely fell apart in the 3rd period. 

4 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Rangers are definitely going to make adjustments with the extra day off. I would love to see us switch Svech with Jarvis and let him be on the third line and get our first line going again

What adjustments can the rangers make?They rely on their goalie to be Superman every game which eventually won’t work. They probably should have played their backup in game 4 or 5 to give Igor a rest. Series might be over now if they did. 

I am more concerned that the extra day of rest benefits the rangers more because they were clearly out of gas in the 3rd period of game 5. The Staal game tying goal was a product of sheer laziness and lack of awareness on defense. Canes aren’t going to get that benefit in game 6. They’ll have to score on the power play to win another game and stop giving up trash short handed goals. 

25 minutes ago, hepcat said:

What adjustments can the rangers make?They rely on their goalie to be Superman every game which eventually won’t work. They probably should have played their backup in game 4 or 5 to give Igor a rest. Series might be over now if they did. 

I am more concerned that the extra day of rest benefits the rangers more because they were clearly out of gas in the 3rd period of game 5. The Staal game tying goal was a product of sheer laziness and lack of awareness on defense. Canes aren’t going to get that benefit in game 6. They’ll have to score on the power play to win another game and stop giving up trash short handed goals. 

Sh*terkin is also running out of gas from facing 100+ shots a game..... 

The thing is the Canes have also made adjustments to neuter the NY PP....

It's 1 for the last 14.....

If that holds true the Canes will complete the reverse sweep.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, PantherChris said:

Oh so do I lol granted I had a melt down after game 3.... 

@Panthers Fan 69 thanks for getting me back on the wagon 

Ha! Yes sir. In all fairness I think a lot of us said we were going to quit but in our hearts we were just pissed off. I was. But, ole optimistic version of me says no quit! 

still got a lot of work to do. 1-0 at Raleigh Thursday.  These guys arent world beaters.  We now have all the momentum. 

• Flames 1

17 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Ha! Yes sir. In all fairness I think a lot of us said we were going to quit but in our hearts we were just pissed off. I was. But, ole optimistic version of me says no quit! 

still got a lot of work to do. 1-0 at Raleigh Thursday.  These guys arent world beaters.  We now have all the momentum. 

At that point I think I was over optimistic at this point I really feel we are gonna do this go 1-0 at home have all the momentum and become the 5th team to reverse the sweep.... and let's be honest it's probably Florida.... the Canes revenge tour baby.....