• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more free refills?

Supposedly, McDonald's and other fast food chains have decided to remove the self-serve beverage machines from the front of house (*leaving it to the individual operator to decide).

They'd rather focus on the drive-thru vs having customers come inside, plus maintaining/cleaning a customer-facing soda machine is extra burdensome for the staff.

Not specifically mentioned? Those ne'er-do-wells who bring their own cups or otherwise fill a free "water" cup with "expensive" soda and ruined the self-serve convenience for everyone else.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/14/lifestyle/mcdonalds-is-getting-rid-of-free-refills-and-more-fast-food-chains-may-follow/ 

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly don't know how fast food is making it. It used to be cheap. Now you can get much better food from a local restaurant for the same or less.

Two words

Drive Through

On 5/19/2024 at 12:06 AM, pamlicopanther said:

Last time I ate at mcdonalds which was probably a couple years ago it sucked so bad and was so expensive  I swore I would never go back.

Really do not understand why people pay that price for such terrible quality of food.

People don't cook. If you don't cook how do you eat?

I enjoy cooking. I use to eat fast food a lot in my 20's. In my 30's I mostly eat fast food on the weekends only. 

41 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

People don't cook. If you don't cook how do you eat?

I enjoy cooking. I use to eat fast food a lot in my 20's. In my 30's I mostly eat fast food on the weekends only. 

I love to cook, especially on the grill.  I am always trying to come up with different meals that my family will enjoy.

27 minutes ago, pamlicopanther said:

I love to cook, especially on the grill.  I am always trying to come up with different meals that my family will enjoy.

Grilled food is the best food!

But my favorite will always be fried fish!

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Grilled food is the best food!

But my favorite will always be fried fish!

Love fried fish too.

I grew up on the river here in Eastern NC and my grandfather fished as part of his income

We always had fried flounder, fried soft crabs and all kinds of local seafood

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, pamlicopanther said:

Love fried fish too.

I grew up on the river here in Eastern NC and my grandfather fished as part of his income

We always had fried flounder, fried soft crabs and all kinds of local seafood

Yeah I'm a seafood guy. If I had to choose my last meal it would be fried catfish, fried shrimp, cole slaw, and hush puppies. Nothing like it!

• Pie 1