• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good film breakdown of Young. Good and bad. Film examples

30 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

How did this “innovative” narrative start with Canales? Just because he’s young?

He truly wants to run the ball and nothing Tampa did last year was all that creative. Mike Evans ability to win 1 on 1 does wonders for an offense as a whole 

creative as in making chicken salad out of chicken poo

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

He probably can't improve his arm strength for throwing over pressure, the video creator  mentioned bryces inability to throw over pressure multiple times. That kinda stuck out to me.

If his ideal comp is like a Tua 2.0 then they're definitely gonna have to get some really good players around him. And you better hope Canales is the next coming of Mike McDaniels 

I think that literally throwing over pressure has to do more with his shortness and maybe athleticism than his arm strength. He misses all over the field from 10 yard touch passes to 35 yard out passes to 45 yard bombs when that pressure gets to him and he can't escape the pocket. 

• Beer 1

45 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

How did this “innovative” narrative start with Canales? Just because he’s young?

He truly wants to run the ball and nothing Tampa did last year was all that creative. Mike Evans ability to win 1 on 1 does wonders for an offense as a whole 

He's not a walking, talking corpse like our last coach?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think innovative started here. Never heard that one. It was young, QB guy who comes from Pete Carrol and did WR coaching before QBs. Had success with Seattle’s WRs with Wilson throwing, I think, and moved to working with QBs. I think the attraction was that more than any scheme he might use. 

Posted (edited)

One thing that the author of the video believes, and provided some evidence to that effect, is that Bryce does process very well. It's just that the physical limitations set a pretty hard ceiling for attaining greatness. Basically, his ceiling is probably good but never great, due to his height, small size, and below average arm strength. With an offense that caters to his comfort window (which I said last week was in the short to mid level passing game), then perhaps we can maximize his strengths. 

Edited by TD alt
  • Pie 1

I just simply don't want a physically-challenged QB. I could see if maybe it's an aging star that can't throw it like he used to, but damn if we didn't pick a young guy who throws like an old guy. If we can get him to process like an experienced vet, then everything might turn out OK, until his arm actually starts diminishing when he starts aging. Hell, at that point he could be struggling to sling it 40 yards.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)

I don’t see a path to anything unless they completely build their plan on his strengths. 

And will add, he must fix his deep ball. Legette is the rX for that from the team. Young has to be a lot better at that. 

Period.

in my case: Or else. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

Thanks for sharing. awesome watch and reinforces most of what anyone with a brain has said the past season. there was good and there was bad and hyperboles either way aren't that accurate. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Thanks for sharing. awesome watch and reinforces most of what anyone with a brain has said the past season. there was good and there was bad and hyperboles either way aren't that accurate. 

It's true, but don't forget those metrics and how Bryce statistically was near the bottom of nearly every one of them. He should markedly improve (I mean, how can he not), but how much so is anyone's guess at the moment. Is he too short, noodle-armed and inaccurate to be a professional QB? That's still the question. Has he been "Kerred?" I hope not, but he wasn't particularly accurate from pressured pockets or clean pockets as the author said. We can only wait and hope that the new coaches can help Bryce by putting him in a better situation. 

Edited by TD alt

16 minutes ago, TD alt said:

It's true, but don't forget those metrics and how Bryce statistically was near the bottom of nearly every one of them. He should markedly improve (I mean, how can he not), but how much so is anyone's guess at the moment. Is he too short, noodle-armed and inaccurate to be a professional QB? That's still the question. Has he been "Kerred?" I hope not, but he wasn't particularly accurate from pressured pockets or clean pockets as the author said. We can only wait and hope that the new coaches can help Bryce by putting him in a better situation. 

Yep, I think we know by Thanksgiving. We spent 100M on guards and high draft picks and trades on weapons, no excuses. 

3 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

It's just the 2024 version of 2023's All Star staff talk.

Canales has 1 year on the books.  And no one would call the 2023 Tampa O innovative.  The pro for Canales IMO would be to potentially build a good locker room and energy.  Leadership.  Something we haven't had much of in the Tepper era. 

Tepper shouldn't of repeated 2023 mistake of having a HC/OC and trying to groom up an OC.  Then Canales could of just focused on being a HC. 

I don't have an issue w/ Canales' brand of football he ran in Tampa.  But you got to have the parts for it.   That said, it's basically just a continuation and evolution of Fox/Rivera football.   We probably could of just never fired John Fox lol. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

It's just the 2024 version of 2023's All Star staff talk.

Canales has 1 year on the books.  And no one would call the 2023 Tampa O innovative.  The pro for Canales IMO would be to potentially build a good locker room and energy.  Leadership.  Something we haven't had much of in the Tepper era. 

Tepper shouldn't of repeated 2023 mistake of having a HC/OC and trying to groom up an OC.  Then Canales could of just focused on being a HC. 

I don't have an issue w/ Canales' brand of football he ran in Tampa.  But you got to have the parts for it.   That said, it's basically just a continuation and evolution of Fox/Rivera football.   We probably could have just never fired John Fox lol. 

How did an offense that is just a continuation of Fox/Rivera football make the playoffs with a bottom of the league rushing attack and feature a QB having a career year? I’m not saying it’s going to be great but it seems different than Fox/Rivera and maybe more Seattle IMO. 

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

How did an offense that is just a continuation of Fox/Rivera football make the playoffs with a bottom of the league rushing attack and feature a QB having a career year? I’m not saying it’s going to be great but it seems different than Fox/Rivera and maybe more Seattle IMO. 

Nfc south?