• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers draft Armanti Edwards

Car123

i don't hate the guy. i think he can fit in and have value but we could have taken him in the 4th without giving up anything, especially a 2nd round pick

Says who??

He could have been gone the pick after ours.. You just dont know. Just as nobody could have knewed that Golden Tate lasted so long.

I don't have a problem tossing the 2011 2nd because who knows how that's going to end up. If there's no football in 2011, how many good players are going to come out for the 2011 draft? They are going to redshirt/stick it out and wait for the storm to calm so they can make sure they are maximizing their earnings.

Hopefully I got the dates right, but I think a 3rd this year is worth a 2nd next.

People forget that we'll have a lot more picks next year even with the Second Rounder gone. And that trades are always possible next year too, Nothing is set in stone. Who knows, maybe after the draft Marshall gets traded for a Second.

This is what NFL.com has on the trade.

Analysis: Armanti Edwards is projected to take another position after playing quarterback in college, where he led Appalachian State to two national titles and is also known for helping lead Appalachian State to a historic upset of Michigan in Ann Arbor in 2008. Edwards is undersized for a quarterback, and his athleticism and speed make him a candidate for another spot on the field.

We need playmakers.. Everyone I saw before the draft was all over this guy. I am content with it.

Go Panthers

If Carolina wanted a slot WR/KR then why waste a pick on a Mike Vick wannabe. This kid is gonna have the same impact that Pat White had last year for the Dolphins, which will be jack poo. If we were gonna trade our next yrs second to move into this yrs third then we shoulda traded in front of Cincy to grab Shipley, But NOOOO....we traded to pick up an undersized inexperienced "possible" receiver who has nevver played the position before. The Lafell pick was fvckin stupid also dezmon briscoe was still on the board and I see him as the better receiver of the two. And the Clausen pick wtf was with that we have Moore we didn't absolutely need a fvckin QB especially with our first pick, Tate was on the board and we passed on him this is by far going to be one of the worst panthers draft of all time.....fvck this FO that's why your gone next year Fox and Hurney bye bitches. Oh and for everyone saying WOOT WOOT our offense has too many weapons now, HA Edwards won't do a damn thing against these pro D's Lafell is too slow to get separation (everyone complains about jarretts speed but this guy can't get separation either) fvck this draft and no 2nd next year, fvck the FO

Archived