• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers draft Armanti Edwards

Car123

Guest silver82blade

antwaan randle el baby!!! our offense is going to blow teams up! best running game in the league behind the best offensive line in the league. we have 3 qbs to choose from. we got a brand spanking new wide receiver to push jarrett. if we don't go with edwards we can use him as a randle el type receiver. oh man, oh man, pleasure overload!!! look out saints, outscore us now! bring it!!

Darin Gantt via Twitter:

Quote:

Just got a text from an NFC personnel man after the Panthers drafted Armanti: "Sh*t. I wanted Edwards."

2 minutes ago via web

yeah the last part of that text said in the 6th round.

awful pick. Fvuk you hurney

Guest silver82blade

dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. great college player yes. possible wr convert sure, but basicly a 2nd rounder, um not just no, but HELL no.

the other picks were risky with high rewards, this one is over the top and a huge reach in the 3rd, much less using a 2nd to get it. last year the brown pick was basicly like picking hughes so that worked out. tell me which qb convert is gona be worth a 2nd next year? yeah it happens (matt coke head jones in the 1st comes to mind), but its rare. this pick is epic fail, the others have boom bust written all over them, as does this pick. this could be the best or worst draft in panthers history right now, but this pick is gona bite hard considering the value we gave up for a 5th round guy......

antwaan randle el was a 2nd round pick. get with the program. this is great. it adds a dimension to our offense that few teams have. think of the gimmick plays we can do with this guy. we can design a whole package for this guy at qb alone.

This guy is, no exaggeration, as big a playmaker as there was in this draft.

I'll repeat: there is no bigger playmaker. Not Spiller, not Dez Bryant, not anybody.

The idea he would have been there in the fifth or sixth is ridiculous. That reminds me of when people swore there was no way Chris Johnson would go in the first. If you want a guy with that much raw talent, you have to grab them. Guys from those smaller schools always get overlooked in the mocks, but NFL scouts are well aware of them.

If Edwards does nothing more than run half-dozen wildcat/smoke screen plays a game, he will be worth it. And that's not counting what he potentially could bring to the table as a returner or slot receiver.

Huge, terrific value pick.

i don't hate the guy. i think he can fit in and have value but we could have taken him in the 4th without giving up anything, especially a 2nd round pick!

i really thought we had traded up for Tarheel DT Cam Thomas. when i saw we had traded, i stood up just knowing after getting the second best QB in the draft at 48, then taking a WR, we had traded up to add Cam to the roster! but nooooo.....

hey, look on the bright side. WE HAVE A FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK NEXT YEAR!!!!!

I mentioned this in another thread, but he could also be our 3rd string QB. His college stats are better than Cantwell's. So we could only carry 2 QBs this season so that we can carry more special teams guys that have a higher chance of seeing the field than Cantwell.

Archived