• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sad but true statement from NFL.com about the QB situation

Brokenbad

I cannot believe even after Hurney and Fox explained how we got Clausen everyone wants to think it is because they don't have confidence in Moore.

I am sure most of you have seen or heard of the value chart. Each player has an overall Value. Clausen was at the top. VERY TOP.. Franchise QB TOP. We never in our minds believed he would fall anywhere near 48. Why discuss drafting a guy when he isn't supposed to be there. Then thru the course of the Draft Clausen falls to us. Fortunately for us when a player drops like that we don't pass we Pounce on it. Just like last year when we traded our 2010 for Brown. He fell to a point where we felt he was worth the position we chose him. Same thing goes for Pike. So instead of filling our depth issues with Veterans we fill them with Rookies.

I believe Clausen will pick up our offense quickly since it is very similiar to ND. I believe this is Moore's Job to lose.

Lastly and most importantly. We DID NOT Draft Clausen (or Pike for that matter) because we didn't have faith in Moore. We do have faith.

The FO isn't telling the media they have faith in Moore and then drafting a QB to contradict themselves. Our newly drafted QBs fell to us. We are just smart enough not to let good talent pass us by.

GO Panthers

Steve Smith pretty much said the same thing about Clausen yesterday. He called Clausen's draft a catch 22 because Moore earned the starting job.

I hope Matt goes wild next year and throws for 350 yards a game with dozens of TDs and little to no Interceptions. He's not getting a fair shake by Fox and Hurney.

Moore is going to get his shot. Why do Moore lovers appear to be afraid of Cluasen? Is it because they know in their heart of hearts that Clausen is better? Delhomme lovers must have turned into Moore lovers by default (or so it seems), because that same ol' irrational admiration is clouding any sense of objectivity. If Moore shows that he is the best QB on our roster, then he will start. If he gets beat out, it's because he isn't better. Sorry, guys, he is not going to get the starting position by default. He is going to have to compete for it, notwithstanding a good performance in 5 games of 2009. Competition rules the day, and that's the way it should be.

Just like Jake beat him for #1 last year right?

Moore's not getting a fair shake at his job and it's sooo apparent.

Jake outright beat Moore for the starting job. Now what that says about Moore, I don't know, but let's not act like there was a QB controversy last August. The only way that Moore realistically showed up on the radar was all Jake's fault once the regular season began.

Matt Moore will be PISSED if Clausen starts. I thought Moore "proved" himself at the end of last season?!?! I think Clausen should hold the clipboard for at least a season.

If Clausen starts Moore will have no one to blame but himself. I believe this is his job to lose. Moore is going to have to make some improvements this season to solidify himself as a franchise QB, and hold Jimmy off.

Moore did play good down the stretch last year, but not perfect or close to it. When I reviewed games saved on tivo I noticed Moore has a good deep ball with touch and accuracy. He delivers the ball to smitty like Jake used too. He is pretty good in the pocket, and makes good decisions. HOWEVER, his accuracy most improve on his intermediate routes!! There were so many intermediate throws that sailed on him. Some passes he was lucky to get get intercepted (Yes I know most qb's get lucky at times, but he seems extra lucky).

If he can improve those intermediate routes, I believe he will be fine... but if he doesn't and those lead to interceptions it could be big trouble if Clausen is performing well in practice.

This is all about Moore right now. There were times when the media thought Jake was thru, but we knew the truth. Same goes for Moore, except I believe Fox learned his lesson and would be quicker to make a QB change this time.

or maybe they were looking for QB depth because we've all known how good our QBs behind Delhomme have been especially during 2007, 2009, and the last quarter of the 2006 season and the gargantuan slide top prospect Jimmy Clausen took provided a great opportunity for them to make an effort to improve the quality of the position.

can't be because there's no conspiracy factor or it doesn't show that the FO is working with a combined 3 braincells.

Am I dick? I honestly don't care who the hell starts, so long as they are the best out there and win games. Moore seems like such a nicer guy than Clausen, but I just don't care. I'm a fan and want to see the Panthers win a Superbowl.

I would, however, like to see Pike do well though. I like the Cincinnati Bearcats.

moore is best suited to be your number 1 backup who can win games for you if your starter gets hurt(felt the same about jake also)clausen has FRANCHISE skills that the panthers felt they couldn't pass up. pike is a long term project who may be a asset in future. moore played well but his ceiling is low unless he is one of those film geeks that just studies the game(most reports don't support this)

That has yet to be proven. To many guys in college appear to have franchise skills only to fail at the pro level. Moore has actually played at the pro level, and done relatively well. Clausen hasn't proven a thing. I like the competition and I don't mind that they drafted Clausen, but if I were to bet on who will have a better career in the NLF, right now my money would be on Moore, even if its eventually with another team.

If Clausen starts Moore will have no one to blame but himself. I believe this is his job to lose. Moore is going to have to make some improvements this season to solidify himself as a franchise QB, and hold Jimmy off.

Moore did play good down the stretch last year, but not perfect or close to it. When I reviewed games saved on tivo I noticed Moore has a good deep ball with touch and accuracy. He delivers the ball to smitty like Jake used too. He is pretty good in the pocket, and makes good decisions. HOWEVER, his accuracy most improve on his intermediate routes!! There were so many intermediate throws that sailed on him. Some passes he was lucky to get get intercepted (Yes I know most qb's get lucky at times, but he seems extra lucky).

If he can improve those intermediate routes, I believe he will be fine... but if he doesn't and those lead to interceptions it could be big trouble if Clausen is performing well in practice.

This is all about Moore right now. There were times when the media thought Jake was thru, but we knew the truth. Same goes for Moore, except I believe Fox learned his lesson and would be quicker to make a QB change this time.

If you look at each of Moore's starts, it does seem that his accuracy and ability to read defenses improved with each game, especially after the New England game in he frankly got very lucky not to be picked off more. The games against the Giants, Vikes and Saints were very well played in all aspects of the game.

That has yet to be proven. To many guys in college appear to have franchise skills only to fail at the pro level. Moore has actually played at the pro level, and done relatively well. Clausen hasn't proven a thing. I like the competition and I don't mind that they drafted Clausen, but if I were to bet on who will have a better career in the NLF, right now my money would be on Moore, even if its eventually with another team.

didn't say he was as"franchise qb" nor will i say that he will be, just that on talent level alone he clearly has the advantage over moore(doesn't mean he will develop it)

If there is any lack of faith in Matt Moore at all, I believe it's because they don't yet know how he will hold up physically while playing an entire season. Remember, he broke his leg in a pre season game two years ago, so they have to be at least a little concerned about him taking as many hits as he will most certainly be taking in 16 games. Our O-line is pretty darn good, but they got their asses kicked in that first game against the Eagles last year. Delhomme, Moore and McCown all took hard hits in that game.

our current qb situation reminds me of the brees/rivers debate. many thought rivers would supplant brees early but brees played great and kept rivers on the bench. the chargers franchised him once and even offered him something like 50 million dollar contract to resign with them(problem was it was loaded with incentives and not guaranteed money) so he weighed his options and signed with the saints and rest is history.moore can determine whether he is here long term or if he will get a chance to start somewhere else(that's all you can really ask for)

Jake outright beat Moore for the starting job. Now what that says about Moore, I don't know, but let's not act like there was a QB controversy last August. The only way that Moore realistically showed up on the radar was all Jake's fault once the regular season began.

Woah there buddy...Jake never had to compete for his job. That's a fact. Also, there was a QB controversy last August because Jake was starting :rolleyes:

nobody denies that jake got "franchise" treatment and appeared to be untouchable, but do we want to make the same mistake again? moore has the chance to start but he will have to stay on top of his game cause he has a extremely talented qb with a huge chip on his shoulder breathing down his neck

Archived