• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sutton or Goodson?...

KillerKat

Who would stay?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who would stay?

• Goodson
    • Sutton

2009 - Williams, Stewart, Goodson, Fiametta, Hoover (Sutton came after Hoover was injured)

Wrong, Sutton was signed after final cuts and was on the roster for week 1. Panthers kept 6 total backs last year.

This thread really doesn't merit serious discussion. Both players will be on the roster and Sutton will be the guy that is active on game day unless another injury opens up a jersey for Goodson.

I don't count as well as I used to, but it seems that in Williams, Stewart, Goodson, Sutton, and Fiametta we have five backs. What's more, Sutton can play both positions, much like Goings could. And Goodson played on Special Teams last year. So it's well in character for Fox to keep all five, and focus on other positions.

And I must not have been clear enough, Fox has kept four backs ONCE in his eight seasons here. In the last four years, he's kept five or more in every year save 2008, and in that season Rosario got work as a Fullback in practice.

So if you go by history at all, then the question only makes sense if the Panthers sign another back. And so far, they haven't.

Rashawn Jackson. He will make it :)

Wrong, Sutton was signed after final cuts and was on the roster for week 1. Panthers kept 6 total backs last year.

This thread really doesn't merit serious discussion. Both players will be on the roster and Sutton will be the guy that is active on game day unless another injury opens up a jersey for Goodson.

:cheers2:

:cheers2:

Says the guy that didn't remember Rashawn Jackson. When you see Sutton's roles being filled and the special teams guys we signed, it could easily come down to these 2 in order to keep an extra special teams player. But nah you can continue discussing in more important and more serious threads about Hines Ward or the countless other retread articles about the QB position.

If I has to choice between the 2, I'm going to say Sutton. He just look better than Goodson. The problem with Goodson was his fumbling problems & we didn't see that with Sutton. I'm sticking with Sutton right now until Goodson improve & fix his mistake.

Says the guy that didn't remember Rashawn Jackson. When you see Sutton's roles being filled and the special teams guys we signed, it could easily come down to these 2 in order to keep an extra special teams player. But nah you can continue discussing in more important and more serious threads about Hines Ward or the countless other retread articles about the QB position.

Whatever dude, the poster had just pointed out that they kept six backs last year, which undermines the premise of the thread even more. Goodson is a second year fourth rounder, they won't cut someone they actually drafted in his second year (See Shelton, Eric). Sutton started games last year and returned kicks, his job is safe. And for some reason you seem to think one will be cut by a staff that almost always carries five backs, and sometimes carries six.

But please, focus on my forgetting about an undrafted rookie who ran a 4.75 40 and had legal problems in college. I should have realized that guys with that sort of pedigree are all but starter material on the Huddle.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that our day one backs will include Williams, Stewart, Goodson, Sutton, an Fiametta. Maybe Jackson makes it, maybe he makes the practice squad, but the five there are safe.

Silly thread.

Bottom line is that any of these threads asking who is going to make the team are just killing time in May. The only thing to go on is last year's performance which will have absolutely nothing to do with this year. How they do in training camp and in preseason will determine who makes the cut this year. Anyone who thinks they can decide who those guys will be needs to help me with my powerball numbers for tonight. There are a lot of guys vying for spots and as other folks have said, special teams will decide some of these battles. Lets see who shines in August and then we can have a serious discussion. Until then there is no reason for people to get too invested in arguing one guy or the other, because everything is up in the air. Plus the number of running backs and receivers will also be influenced by how well guys like Jackson or Edwards play. For example is Edwards becomes our main return guy, then other guys who are backups but have some return ability are more expendable. If Jackson excels at fullback then he will make the active squad to ensure he doesn't get plucked off the practice squad especially if Fiammetta doesn't look better than he did last year or gets injured early.

Archived