• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jerry Richardson q&a

scpanther22

JR is an ok owner but he's definitely not as great as people make him out to be. He has his faults despite what people think. He was definitely the one behind the Chris Harris trade with his bullshit "internal budget". Not only did Fox leak that out but Harris's own agent did as well. Lucky for JR he has Fox and Hurney to take the blame for his decisions by the fans so he can still be percieved as this perfect owner (which he is far from being)

You still haven't listed any character flaws.

Wonder who owns the team after JR? Stay's in the family or sold to the highest bidder?

It will stay in the family. What the family does with it will be interesting to see.

That is a great question.The topic would make a good new thread,in my opinion.

I hope you're joking.

not a fan of jerry, but am appreciative of what he brought to this state. he is showing his true colors this year.

His true colors? Just what exactly has he done?

You people flip out too much and understand nothing about business, apparently.

Hasselhoff would be a great owner. Plus we'd get to watch Night Rider and Baywatch video's during TV timeouts. Not to mention all of Hasselhoffs great songs on the PA in between plays.

i love the panthers, but not a fan of how he poos the fans at times. its strictly about the shield with him.

This is how I feel about him. He's not the best owner, but decent. I am thankful that he brought football to the Carolinas.

i love the panthers, but not a fan of how he shits the fans at times. its strictly about the shield with him.

Exactly how does he poo the fans?? Hell, he visited the Huddle Tailgate one time. How does that make him "poo the fans"? I think some are just being negative on him because he doesn't give them everything they want. Owners of any sport teams are going to make some decisions what they think is best for the team (business too) that you may or may not like, since that just how things work. Doesn't mean they poo the fans though. :rolleyes:

i love the panthers, but not a fan of how he shits the fans at times. its strictly about the shield with him.

How exactly does he poo the fans? This makes no sense...unless you feel like we shoulda got bigger big screens on the field.

He shits the fans by being greedy thats how. How about raising ticket prices 8 out of the last 10 years including after the 1-15 season? Or raising them again this year when we all know we're rebuilding and doing it during a shitty economy? Did he spend any of that money to make the team better? Nope! How about the way he goes out of his way to keep things from the fans? Like I said, hes an ok owner but nothing special. I think people are just caught up in his "good ol boy" image that he tries to play.

Exactly how does he poo the fans?? Hell, he visited the Huddle Tailgate one time. How does that make him "poo the fans"? I think some are just being negative on him because he doesn't give them everything they want. Owners of any sport teams are going to make some decisions what they think is best for the team (business too) that you may or may not like, since that just how things work. Doesn't mean they poo the fans though. :rolleyes:

i could give a rats ass that he visited the tailgate. how long have people been asking for the logo on the field and he has yet to do so.he rather have the shield and protect the shield . other teams are preparing for a lockout but are not purging everyone who is against it. he is preparing this team for the short term and not the long term, with all this money we are saving what guy is going to want to come on here and play for him. not to mention he is sitting on all this money, and have yet to lock up the young core guys and increased the ticket prices. cheaper product with higher tickets is not cool. as much as i hate fox he has really set fox up for failure. some people are big on next year saying they see the playoffs but right now i dont see it.

How exactly does he poo the fans? This makes no sense...unless you feel like we shoulda got bigger big screens on the field.

yeah i wish we had larger screens as well. since he is a good ol boy us southern guys love him, lol yall can kick rocks.

as much as i hate fox he has really set fox up for failure.

Foxy has been working on his own failure.

I believe he [Richardson] has finally intervened to try to set the course to correct some of Foxy's mistakes. Foxy failed the Panthers by staying with Jake (whom I love) too long.....among other numerous judgment errors.

I believe Richardson is setting this team up for the future....and I think the immediate future will be better than some think. I like that (as I perceive it) he is getting more involved in the operations of the team.

I do not care about logos on the field. I care about how the players play on it.

Mr. Richardson is very loyal....I think to both the NFL and to the Carolinas fans. I do not think those are in conflict.

Archived