• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Road

The Saltman

I am gonna buy it sometime this week...

Never read the book, and have only seen the previews...

I like post-apocalyptic stuff though, so I was sold on it when I saw the first preview...

saw this on the history channel last week. was awesome...here is part 1 of 9 on youtube

nice... I had heard about that and was gonna DVR... thanks for the reminder...

Some of that type of stuff is speculation, but for shows like "Life after people" they do provide some good intel...

it was more like a movie actually (2hrs long). this was based on if there was some sort of out of control virus that couldnt be contained. But with no zombies...very awesome!!

Never read the book, but I will now. The movie was excellently made. Sad, but a good story. In my mind these are the scariest stories out there, because it shows human nature exposed to the most extreme conditions.

For someone who has read the book could you tell me if the ending is any different or if the movie was drastically different?

Never read the book, but I will now. The movie was excellently made. Sad, but a good story. In my mind these are the scariest stories out there, because it shows human nature exposed to the most extreme conditions.

For someone who has read the book could you tell me if the ending is any different or if the movie was drastically different?

Wish I could help, but I refuse to watch the movie. I don't want it to take away from the book at all.

But I'll say it again, read the book. Even the small conversations between the son and father are so realistic and gloomy, it almost sends chills through the body. The detail given, and explanation of feelings are remarkable. Cormac McCarthy is a genious.

For all who like him, I recommend reading the Border Trilogy, Child of God, and No Country for Old Men.

Guess I'm the only asshole who hated this movie. Bored me to tears when I wasn't wanting to jackslap the whiny little brat throwing yet another crying fit. I mean, c'mon kid... if this were to really happen, that walking tear factory would have gotten 'em both slaughtered a long time ago, thanks to all the noise he created at the absolute worst possible times.

For those that haven't seen it I would strongly suggest reading the book. I'm still kicking myself for the breaking my rule of reading the book first.

I took my friends to go see it and I told them it was really heavy and they still had glazed looks when they left. It's a tough movie to watch with people.

Archived