• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty on WFNZ..

Pimpdaddy

... Smitty called in on WFNZ this morning but only heard 5 minutes of the conversation. Said he obviously made a mistake but loves the game too much to stay away. Apologized to the fans and said he didnt think he would miss any regular season games.... Not his exact words but it sounds like he wants to beat the piss outta Florio... guess we'll wait for the podcast to come out to listen to the entire call. Anybody else hear it that can expound?

Finally posted.

link... http://wfnz.cbslocal.com/2010/06/24/steve-smith-624/#more-7048

Most notable thing I remember was when the asked him about Armanti Edwards he praised him briefly and then went on a rant about 1st and 2nd round picks.

He said they don't work hard enough and that the league is really made up of 3rd-7th rounders and RFA's. He used Ricky Manning Jr as an example, Manning said the NFL wasn't as tough as he expected. Smitty pointed out how he's no longer in the league.

Most notable thing I remember was when the asked him about Armanti Edwards he praised him briefly and then went on a rant about 1st and 2nd round picks.

He said they don't work hard enough and that the league is really made up of 3rd-7th rounders and RFA's. He used Ricky Manning Jr as an example, Manning said the NFL wasn't as tough as he expected. Smitty pointed out how he's no longer in the league.

A million articles about Steve Smith "slamming Clausen's work ethic" in 5...4...3...

Wasn't Manning a 3rd round pick?

For a dude who is out playing flag "adult" football in the off season he sure has a lot to say about OTHER people and THEIR problems.

Can you really fault a guy that spends his time off from football playing football?

Ryan Clady busted his knee up playing basketball what's so different between his and Smith's situation?

I believe I know why steve smith went on to rant how the higher picks don't work hard enough.

Having a good/great work ethic is vital to succeeding anywhere. I know I bust my ass at my job, doing the best I can for not only my success, but the succcess of the company also. When ya work hard, and you see your co-workers aroud you not working as hard, it is very frustrating. I realize that not everyone is going to have the same work ethic as me, but I don't understand their laziness. They get by with it, but they never achieve the same success, and the company as a whole is suffering from their poor work ethic and attitude.

On a football team, everyone needs to put in the work to achieve the ultimate success. The superbowl. As long as you have players who feel it is owed to them, or they are just coasting to get a apaycheck, the team will never win a superbowl, regardless of the coaching.

Can you really fault a guy that spends his time off from football playing football?

Ryan Clady busted his knee up playing basketball what's so different between his and Smith's situation?

Who said there was anything different?

Smith is made of pure win.

Archived