• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some dude ripping Vick a new one for fun

No QB in the history of the league has done more damage to the reputation of and the opportunities afforded to black quarterbacks than Michael Vick. And I say that knowing full well that as you read this, JaMarcus Russell is likely somewhere scarfing down hot wings at an all-you-can-eat buffet while wearing $2 million in designer jewelry.

Oh my, zinger.

Now, if Jamie Dukes dumps Vick, then we'll really know it's over :eek:

Not a big Whitlock fan, but I can see both good and bad in this. He clearly doesn't get the whole timeline thing, that's for sure. It is important, and it should be. And the notion that Roger Goodell should use Vick to punish the Eagles because they dumped Mcnabb is silly.

Agree with this, though...

Vick still wants to be king of the 'hood. He wants his name to ring out in Newport News. Dumbass.

And all of his defenders/enablers are just as stupid.

What’s always bothered me about Vick is that he’s far more beloved in the black community than McNabb. It’s mind-boggling to me.

No QB in the history of the league has done more damage to the reputation of and the opportunities afforded to black quarterbacks than Michael Vick. And I say that knowing full well that as you read this, JaMarcus Russell is likely somewhere scarfing down hot wings at an all-you-can-eat buffet while wearing $2 million in designer jewelry.

And with this...

McNabb has spent more than a decade in the league focused on doing the things necessary to become a Super Bowl-winning quarterback. He’s never been properly appreciated by the people his conduct directly benefits. The NAACP in Philadelphia criticized McNabb for transitioning into a dropback passer.

Philly deserves Michael Vick. The city had one of the league’s best for 11 years and never demanded that Eagles management consistently support him with top-flight personnel.

And maybe we (black folks) deserve Vick, too. We shower him with undying loyalty even though his actions undermine our progress.

The NAACP criticized Mcnabb for trying to become a dropback passer? Seriously? That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. McNabb was doing the right thing, and so is any other QB who concentrates on honing his passing skills over his running. Being a great passer is a thousand times more important in the pros than being a good runner, especially today.

But like I said in the other thread, college coaches are ruining black quarterbacks by teaching them to be run-first or one-read-and-run guys. If more coaches spent their time trying to produce the next Warren Moon rather than the next Michael Vick, the situation for black quarterbacks would improve by leaps and bounds.

Its a plot by the white man to keep brothers down don't you know. Dammit I think we drop the ball on that last presidential election.

Maybe there aren't any good black QB's because being a smart little league, HS, or college (or whatever lower level of Football play) coach they put the good athletes outside or in the backfield. You put the slow white kid at QB. Really generalizing here but it is what it is.

STOP SPEAKING THIS BLASPHEMY! GET HIM OUT OF HERE!

:lurk5:

To me a thug is a thug whether you are white or black. I feel the same way about Michael Vick as I do about Big Ben, they are both thugs and too dumb to stay out of trouble. No way Vick should be out with his entourage at a club for his birthday and no way Big Ben should be at a college bar in a small town, these guys have done this kind of thing before and need to keep their nose clean. Sadly they can't and hopefully they both screw up again and maybe get kicked out of the league. Idiots!

To me a thug is a thug whether you are white or black. I feel the same way about Michael Vick as I do about Big Ben, they are both thugs and too dumb to stay out of trouble. No way Vick should be out with his entourage at a club for his birthday and no way Big Ben should be at a college bar in a small town, these guys have done this kind of thing before and need to keep their nose clean. Sadly they can't and hopefully they both screw up again and maybe get kicked out of the league. Idiots!

1. You may think a thug is a thug, however on this board most 99% of the time if thug is mentioned its in reference to a black player. Especially if they don't appear acceptable to certain peoples cultural standard. Such as having dreads or gold teeth.

2. When ever a birthday celebration is at a club for famous guys like Vick and such, its usually a club promotion where they say, "Hey it's your birthday, come here and bring all your friends to eat and drink for free, we will take care of security and make sure nothing happens". I don't think Vick should have to live a sequestered life because he has had pass troubles. However I understand the point can be made that trouble follows him now and he should just stay away from all public venues outside of football.

3. I think it shows he has any involvement then he should be kicked out of the league.

But like I said in the other thread, college coaches are ruining black quarterbacks by teaching them to be run-first or one-read-and-run guys. If more coaches spent their time trying to produce the next Warren Moon rather than the next Michael Vick, the situation for black quarterbacks would improve by leaps and bounds.

Its not college coaches fault the Panthers wont draft or develop a black QB. You dont see Tampa, ATL, or New Orleans blaming college coaches for their hangs up about race. Panthers dont want the black man in their QB stable, not even as a backup. All white is alright in Carolina. The situation wont improve as long as you have franchises like ours that dont believe in a blackman's brainpower or ability to lead on the offensive side of the ball. Black kids gotta be "Warren Moon" (a HOFer), white kids gotta be "Chris Weinke", "Stefan Lefors", "Jeff Lewis" to be a QB here. Some people need more help and a curve than others to succeed I guess. LOL.

Archived