• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why do cigarette smokers...

Darth Biscuit

My problem isn't the single cigarette being thrown out. I have seen a ton of people use their in-car ash tray that is built in to most vehicles. The only thing that bugs me is when these ash trays are emptied at intersections, parking lots, etc.

...think that the world is their trash can???

Every freakin' time I drive around town I see some asshole throwing a cigarette butt out in the street. Stop at any intersection and there's hundreds of butts on the ground.

F*ckers.

I'm a smoker, and one that litters more often than not, and I completely understand where you're coming from. I've started to be more conscious of it because it bothers the hell out of me when people litter in my neighborhood but I do it every day, just on a smaller scale. I know I'm a hypocrite. I've ben trying to get into the habit of flicking off the cherry and flicking out any remaining tobacco in the butt and then putting the used filter in my pocket until I reach a trash can. But I do smoke in my car and I never use the ash tray. It's a just one horrible habit that accompanies another horrible habit. There's no excuse.

I have a friend who comes over and flicks his butts into my yard. Even after I put out an ash tray for him. Really?

That might not sound like a huge deal, but I live in a DC area townhouse. My lawn is a plot of grass about 10 feet by 13 feet. You can see the butts clearly.

Archived