• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They will ALL be back...

unicar15

Lets start with Delhomme by saying...we literally have no other options next year. Maybe if we had a first round pick then something completely out of character could happen with this franchise by putting it in the hands of a rookie but that is a HUGE stretch and everyone on this board knows that. The best thing that we can hope for is that the staff at least TRIES to look toward the future by drafting a QB (don't need a first rounder to be a good option for the future). When all is said and done Delhomme will be the QB through the rest of his contract.

After a 12-4 season Fox will not get canned...its just not happening. Richardson said "playoffs or bust" but he didn't say "superbowl or bust" at the beginning of the season. Fox and Hurney did what they needed to do to secure their jobs next season. The other factor playing out here is that Richardson is not a "Dan Snyder type" owner. He likes to be methodical and play by the Dan Rooney rules which are be patient and success will come. If you want to look at the definition of patience then look at Bill Cowher's record and playoff losses. This is the blueprint that Richardson runs his team by...

Trgovac will be back because ultimately Fox will take some of the responsibility for the defensive game-plan and the aforementioned Richardson patience will prevail.

The best thing that we can hope for is that Hurney works some magic in the offseason, is able to keep Gross and Peppers, and we can find a way to get our secondary to play up to par. Jake will bounce back because he is a competitor and because he really has no other choice. Jeff Davidson cannot be without blame for not putting the onus on the run game and helping Jake out but ultimately the worst of it falls on Jake and Turdo.

All of that said...I am a big fan of making changes in situations like this. I like Fox and really want the staff to look long and hard to see if this really is the guy they want motivating their team. I think Fox is a good HC and he needs a DC to challenge his philosophy (maybe someone from the Jim Johnson tree). I trust the Richardsons to make the right decision.

Despite the fact that I don't think it will happen, I want Turdo gone...there is too much talent on this team for us to execute such a poor defensive game-plan.

To tell you the truth...I haven't decided if I want Jake back next season. Again, I think that he will be back but I can't decide if that is the best thing for this team. We have an extremely young and talented core because we have started drafting extremely well but maybe it is time to put some of that draft expertise to work on the QB position. If the right guy is there then we need to take him. A strong, confident, intelligent pocket passer is what I want for this team...

If Delhomme back next season, I will not spend a f*ckin dollar on this team.

You've got to be f*ckin' kidding me dude.

He had a bad game. Deal with it. Delhomme is still a good QB and he lost this game. But, with our o-line and D Will plus a year two Johnathan Stewart, we don't need a Tom Brady to win games. Otah will be a beast next year. Vincent will be back healthy. Kalil will be a top 5 center. Wharton and Gross on the left. Our offense will be one of the best in the NFC.

Defense needs some work. Trgo coming back sucks though. I think he has worn out his welcome.

You've got to be f*ckin' kidding me dude.

He had a bad game. Deal with it. Delhomme is still a good QB and he lost this game. But, with our o-line and D Will plus a year two Johnathan Stewart, we don't need a Tom Brady to win games. Otah will be a beast next year. Vincent will be back healthy. Kalil will be a top 5 center. Wharton and Gross on the left. Our offense will be one of the best in the NFC.

Defense needs some work. Trgo coming back sucks though. I think he has worn out his welcome.

Delhomme is fugin 34... There is only 1 way for him to go... down. Delhomme chocked in the most important game of the season... just plain horrible decision making. Delhomme did horrible most of the season with a great running game we had.

As Fox says, "if you're not getting better, you're getting worse."

Hard to argue that this team is getting better by standing pat and doing nothing about the QB and DC situations. This is a problem that needs to be dealt with aggressively. Remember 2006? We made virtually no changes (other than MeShawn) from a team that went 11-5 in 2005 and reached the NFC Champ. game. That got us to 8-8 mostly because of shitty play from Delhomme. If you remember that year, he pretty much single-handedly lost us the Washington and Philly games.

This has been coming for a long time now. Delhomme probably reached his peak in 2004 when he did everything and was forced to play with Nick Goings at running back. Since then, he has been on a slow, steady decline capped by last night's terrible performance. Face it, the running game is what carried the team this year. Delhomme had a decent game here and there against bad defenses (first Atlanta game, first Saints game, Denver game) but they were fewer and farther between than they have been in the past.

If we keep Delhomme next year will be more of the same. If you are John Fox that's ok. But if you are really serious about winning a title it's not ok.

that's jake problem right there,he doesn't think he can be replaced(or at least he plays that way).I'm tired of ppl giving me these weak,no water holding excuses about jake and why we should give him another shot.he did bad all his career except for the occasionally good games he had.you as a fan might put up with but ask yourself how long do you think the team will put up with jake digging them into a hole they can climb out of????

and no what the guys said about spending one dollar on this team isn't bandwagoning it's call losing your fan base.you think anyone would wanna put up with this poo if they could see the outcome before the it actually happened.i'm a trooper and so are most of you but these are the type of loses that will send out fan bases into the gutter.

I understand the animonsity. But what you said just says "BANDWAGON" to me. You can't drop your team for one player.

Bandwagon? Yeah, ok... Im going to show my disagreement by not spending money on my team. That easy... I did not say I'll root for another team to win superbowl....

Bandwagon? Yeah, ok... Im going to show my disagreement by not spending money on my team. That easy... I did not say I'll root for another team to win superbowl....

Maybe I spoke to soon. My bad for that. you don't need to spend money to be a fan. Just took what you said out of context.

Archived