• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I hope Fox and Hurney watched Hard Knox tonight

PantherBob

And what will your response be Bob when the Jets only win 8 games this year and miss the playoffs: Mediocrity, bad luck, injuries, Revis holding out, etc.? Or perhaps he didn't encourage his team enough to win? Or is just acceptable one year with 8-8 and you think that the following year the Jets will be back to normal and he'll still be the best HC ever?

Stupidest logic I've ever read.

meh jets went 9-7 with a struggling QB, a top rated rushing attack and a pretty good defense...

I fail to see how this is any different than how we were last year other than they made the playoffs despite their record and we missed it because of our record.

now they've lost both their leading rushers from last season, have to deal with a disgruntled shutdown corner who wants a new deal(this is the guy the jets traded up for when we traded down for beason), and who knows if Sanchez can live up to his draft hype.

meh jets went 9-7 with a struggling QB, a top rated rushing attack and a pretty good defense...

I fail to see how this is any different than how we were last year other than they made the playoffs despite their record and we missed it because of our record.

now they've lost both their leading rushers from last season, have to deal with a disgruntled shutdown corner who wants a new deal(this is the guy the jets traded up for when we traded down for beason), and who knows if Sanchez can live up to his draft hype.

This... and the only reason they made the playoffs last year is because the Colts let them, so they just as easily could have been 8-8.

I like Ryan, and I was entertained by him on Hard Knocks last night - but talk is cheap. Get back to me when they do better than 9-7 and win a conference title.

This forum better get ready for some hardcore trolling if Matt Moore is anything less than brilliant tonight.

Very true. The problem with that is Moore has never looked good in preseason and that apparently doesn't matter when the regular season rolls around and he will still be the stater. Seems to me that the preseason may mean more to Clausen and Cantwell than it will to Moore this year.

Hopefully he plays well and that is the end of it, but thimgs are rarely that easy around here..

Not trying to take side here but realistically Bod has a point! The panthers, as an organization, has underachieved far more than they have overachieved! With the talent the team has had in the past...Think about it! That comes from the Top down. Thats just my opinion though and we all know what opinions are worth :D

No organization is content with being mediocre because being mediocre doesn't bring in a lot of $$$ or fame.

Simple as that.

actually that isn't true. Overall, Carolina has been probably more on the medicore side than anything else......and it is VERY profitable.

Archived