• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Richard Marshall to Safety?

Vagrant

With the way he has struggled in man coverage this year, does anybody think it would be a good idea to move him to safety as to better utilize his talents?

Godfrey was decent to average back there and Chris Harris could be replaced on passing downs... Marshall could be a good guy to do it.

That way we could try to bring in a CB to compete with Lucas for the starting slot and have Lucas in the nickel or cut him all together if he doesn't step it up.

Just a musing.... has anybody considered it?

That was kind of the point about Harris. It would be nice to have a guy like Marshall that could come in on passing situations and actually defend the pass. Marshall is strong against the run, a great tackler, and can lay the wood when the time calls for it. He seems like an ideal safety. Man coverage doesn't seem to suit him well.

Honestly, what's the point of this thread? The coaching staff isn't considering it right now I'm pretty sure, and talking about moving Marshall to safety on The Huddle certainly is not going to persuade anyone to make that change.

What's the point of any thread? Don't like it, don't post in it. I'd also like to add that you have no idea what the coaching staff is considering, considering you're not on it.

I agree with those who say we are not plaing the right scheme. I really thought we were going to go back to a man scheme when we brought in Lewis. He wasn't very good with a zone scheme in New York which got him fired before. But he had a good aggressive scheme as DC for Pittsburgh. I really thought we would institute a tough man scheme. I don't know whether it was that with little potential for pressure this year we went to a zone look to limit our losses and would have been more aggressive if we could generate more pressure or we are playing zone because we think it is a good scheme. I hope it is the former so that we can work on improving the line pressure and bring in a more aggressive man scheme. If it is the latter, then there is medicine out for delusions of grandeur. That is the only rational I could think of for why they came out with that weak crap and actually thought it would work.

Archived