• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

tim lewis may leave for GB

carpanfan96

I'm back and forth on Lewis.

Good in Pittsburgh? Yeah, but do you credit him or Cowher?

Bad in New York? Yep, but do you fault him or Coughlin? (scapegoat?)

And what of Carolina? Scheme issues have to be laid at Trgovac's doorstep. Individual coaching issues are on Lewis and Gillhammer. How do those fall out?

Gamble? Much improved under Lewis.

Lucas? Downhill, but how much of that is being miscast? (bump & run vs zone)

Harris? Still good, but not like he was last year. His fault? Or did he have to spend too much time covering for Godfrey?

And Godfrey? Rookie? Yeah, and he hit the rookie wall pretty hard. Stewart did too, but played through it and past it. And getting a rookie ready is part of the coaching staff's responsibility?

Bottom Line: There's just too many question marks for me to be able to support elevating Lewis to DC, but I don't think there's enough damning evidence to say he deserves to be fired from his current spot.

I agree with most of what you said, but do remember his first year as giants DC they were ranked either 10th or 11th.

I don't think we should promote him, I would like to see what he could do under another DC though.

I agree with most of what you said, but do remember his first year as giants DC they were ranked either 10th or 11th.

I don't think we should promote him, I would like to see what he could do under another DC though.

Under another DC wouldn't make a difference because this is Fox's defense. I think you mean under a new head coach.

Under another DC wouldn't make a difference because this is Fox's defense. I think you mean under a new head coach.

I want whomever the new DC is to have complete control of the defense as well as davidson having complete control of the offense. No one to get in their ways. All foxie needs to do is manage his players and what not.

When Lewis came to the Panthers they wanted some more people to help with Game planning and the Progression of there CBs. Well it seems to me we have used lot of Lewis's Ideas for the past two years. Ever wonder why our CBs play off so much? They didnt 03 threw 06. Also our INTs have gone down even though our Pass rush has gone up this year. He had really no impact at all on our CBs in terms of there most important stat INTs.

Here are the numbers from 03 to 08 and just remember that we didnt have really that much to work with in 03.

INT 12 08'

14 07'

14 06'

23 05'

26 04'

16 03'

Sac

It's hard to tell if this is bad news because I secondary was so awful this season... Tim Lewis was well respected for years, so I know he's a good coach. The same can't be said for Mike. I have no idea what his deal is and why Fox is so easily impressed with his work.

By Michael Lombardi of The National Football Post:

I hear today that the Carolina Panthers told their assistant coaches that they’re expected to return next year and the team will start working on new deals. No one on the staff has a deal for next season.

You cannot tell anyone not under contract that they cannot talk with other teams. The Panthers refused Cincy's request to talk to Lewis last year because he had a year left on his contract.

Maybe they don't have to fire Trgovac...just not re-sign him:D:D:D

Archived