• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oh golly, Cowher and Carolina reference on NFL.com

Brokenbad

Like it was in the Early Years you mean?

I wonder how many people really are bandwagons from 2003 on...

I started keeping track of the Panthers during Fox's first year, when we went 7-9. (Although I followed them before that, I was just younger)

Then, for whatever reason, during that offseason, I became a rabid obsessed football fan, and sat down and watched my first Panthers game as an obsessed fan when we took on took on the Skins in Week 1 of the preseason, and won. We won every game that preseason, and as you know, eventually went on to the Super Bowl, and I watched every second of it. I've been a fanatic ever since. Through the good and bad. Great way to start off a fan career, no doubt.

That doesn't make me a bandwagoneer, nor anyone else who jumps on, even while we're succesful. As long as you stick around, through the good and bad, your a fan. Just because you haven't been following the team rabidly since '95, doesn't mean your a bandwagoneer. Winning is how a fanbase grows. Sadly, losing is how it shrinks.

:patriot:

You think he's coming here when he turned down money to be the highest paid coach in the NFL.Our owner won't spend the kind of money it would take to get him.

Yeah I dont think I would take that money if my wife had skin cancer either and I wanted to spend time with her.

Do I think he will come here no but I think we will get a retread. Also Fox is one of the highest paid coaches in the NFL.

I started keeping track of the Panthers during Fox's first year, when we went 7-9. (Although I followed them before that, I was just younger)

Then, for whatever reason, during that offseason, I became a rabid obsessed football fan, and sat down and watched my first Panthers game as an obsessed fan when we took on took on the Skins in Week 1 of the preseason, and won. We won every game that preseason, and as you know, eventually went on to the Super Bowl, and I watched every second of it. I've been a fanatic ever since. Through the good and bad. Great way to start off a fan career, no doubt.

That doesn't make me a bandwagoneer, nor anyone else who jumps on, even while we're succesful. As long as you stick around, through the good and bad, your a fan. Just because you haven't been following the team rabidly since '95, doesn't mean your a bandwagoneer. Winning is how a fanbase grows. Sadly, losing is how it shrinks.

:patriot:

Nor did I mean for you to take it personally. However, there are lots of fans that just ditch this team and did so after the 1997 as we did not follow up our success in 1996. However, there are LOTS of people that jump on when its good. I've not missed a game going into the 16th year now.

Yeah I dont think I would take that money if my wife had skin cancer either and I wanted to spend time with her.

Do I think he will come here no but I think we will get a retread. Also Fox is one of the highest paid coaches in the NFL.

Tenth is not one of the highest paid.But he is better than most of the coaches that make more money than him.Our problem is ownership,not coaching.Cowher wants his alma mater job,not an NFL one.He said that on the air last year on that lame football show he works on.

Tenth is not one of the highest paid.But he is better than most of the coaches that make more money than him.Our problem is ownership,not coaching.Cowher wants his alma mater job,not an NFL one.He said that on the air last year on that lame football show he works on.

Are you sure about that?

I'm pretty sure he made it very clear he wanted to return to the NFL and told all of his colleagues, Like Shannon Sharpe, that he wanted to coach the Carolina Panthers. Then Richardson decided to hold on to Fox but not extend him; the week after that Cowher announced he had changed his mind about coaching again in 2010 and declined all job offers.

Am I remembering that wrong?

And where does this “Richardson doesn’t pay coaches” and “Richardson doesn’t hire top tier coaches” come from? I’m pretty sure we have hired both young new coaches and old retreads and paying good money to all of them!

Archived