• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney Live in Studio this morning..

Jbro

he kept emphasizing that part of it. he did qualify saying you have to be balanced, but it's obvious they know whats going on and they are at least trying to fix it.

this is what 8 years of bull headed run first, second and third mentality has done to us - were now in a league we can not be competiitive in as we are

whether or not we will ever be competitive again is a question

I wonder if we are 0-5 at the break and still scoring single digits on offense what the weekly message with be. I am sure when the stadium is mostly empty he will still be trying to sell the same old song and dance about how this isn't rebuilding and how we are just as well off as last year, BLAH, BLAh, Blah.

Sad thing is the same old rubes will still be on here saying they agree with him. :D

checking down isn't a bad thing if you can do it quickly, which jimmy has been known for and will do here as well.

i'd much rather that go on than staring down a target (like we have had way to much of). i'm wondering if certain plays that are called are only meant to have one player targeted which would help the constant stare down make sense. still, it would be nice to have a QB that can spot the best available option and get the ball to him quickly.

I posted the other day how this coaching staff concerns me with how they will handle Clausen.. that is exactly the thing that concerned me..

dumbing down the offense too much isn't going to help anyone... and I've noticed at times this type of thing occuring...

LOL, we're building, not rebuilding.
lol i don't even know if he was trying to say that either.

it's funny how he said that we had some holes to fill and instead of finding quick fixes we were trying to apply fresh bandages and were trying to find a permanent fix. i don't know. he was really trying hard not to call it rebuilding.

i still don't know why thats got such a negative tone to it.

what they had wasn't working so they decided to strip it down and start over using new players. what's so bad about that? it doesn't mean that you aren't going to be competitive or at least that you can't be competitive while doing it.

at the very least it implies that you are trying to make something better and longer lasting that needs to be made better and was starting to or had worn down.

as a fan, i'm looking forward to what this team will look like a couple years down the road. a couple years ago i can't say i felt all that good about the future of the team. we had just given jake an extension and there wasn't much in the way of really trying to improve the team...just protect what they had built and hope that if they kept at it long enough that it would eventually work.

i remember hating that fox would rarely give rookies a chance, that if there was a vet who was pretty well entrenched that he would keep him in instead of putting in a more promising prospect. the whole "21 of 22 starters returning" turned out to be not that good of a deal. i mean if you have a really good team it might be but i would rather have team that was constantly re-inventing itself and trying to make itself better...never settling for the status quo.

this year...no jake. no aged starters ahead of promising new guys or rookies.

plus...we are looking at getting a new coach next year. for me that has been a long time coming.

while i don't feel good about our chances for getting a lot of wins this year, i feel good about our chances in the future.

The Panthers have been building through the draft for years.

The year they cut a bunch of vets, and go with their youth, its considered rebuilding?

That one very close minded, wearing blinders, mentality.

what else would you call it? even hurney didn't know. and why is that considered a bad thing? thats the thing i do't get. why is rebuilding considered a negative thing? so we're looking at making a better team down the road. what's the bad in that?
Were not competitive?

Last I checked our defense is player pretty well, and our specials teams is improved.

If we can stop tthe turnovers, and execute, we'd won a few games already.

But ignore that, as y'all want to believe we aren't competitive.

i think we could be. the defense can't get off the field and the offense can't stay on it. until that gets straight, there's a limit to how competitive we can be.

i do agree that the special teams have improved.

Hurney is a puss. He may not say we are rebuilding but it's true. I don't like the fact of what he has done to this team. Maybe we can pull through and win some games and have a chance. I think Davidson needs to get his head out of his A** to do so but that prolly won't happen. We have nice pieces here I'm just not sure why its not showing up on sundays.

he said the goal is always to have a balanced offense and that teams that either pass all the time or run all the time wn't do as good as those who do both and are able to keep teams guessing. he said also that you can't always have the balanced offense you want and that when you have situations like we did this past week when cincy had the ball for 21 minutes thats going to alter your game plan and force you to commit to one side of the offense. a lot of "duh" right there but at least there is more of the shift towards being a balanced offense rather than the "do one thing and do it right" philosophy that we had for so long.

One of my longstanding complaints about Fox is that his teams never seem to be balanced. They're always good at one thing, bad at another.

It's been that way since 2002 and shows no sign of changing.

said they weren't looking for temporary patches and fixes but that they were interested in more long term/permanent solutions using fresh players.

This is the right approach. Unfortunately, nobody seems to get that :(

Archived