• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox on not bringing in veteran WRs: Those aren’t my decisions

SOJA

http://reederstake.freedomblogging.com/2010/10/13/fox-on-not-bringing-in-veteran-wrs-those-arent-my-decisions/7104/

Basically Fox says "Not my fault we suck"

I know Fox's style of football is boring, and not all that dynamic, but I think this quote from Fox is huge. Fox never outright says anything, so the fact that he is dancing around this subject says to me. "Hey don't blame me that we suck"

I don't disagree that the Panthers and Fox should split ways after this season, but I can't blame this terrible season on Fox. He is doing the best with what we have.

I really don't understand that. He hasn't changed the playcalling since 2008 when we went 12-4. Like I said I think Fox and the Panthers need to go their separate ways, but I would put him as a minor contributor as to why we suck

I really don't understand that. He hasn't changed the playcalling since 2008 when we went 12-4.

We have NEVER had back to back winning seasons.

When something is not working, Fox will do the same thing fro 4 quarters until we lose.

He is either unwilling or incapable of adjusting to game situations.

That is the worst trait for a coach.

So the fact that we have no consistent qb, no wide receivers, and a terrible o-line doesn't factor in at all. What do you want him to do?? If you go back to the games, we generally start abandoning our run on first and second down towards the ends of these games when we are losing. I really don't think Fox should share most of this blame.

So the fact that we have no consistent qb, no wide receivers, and a terrible o-line doesn't factor in at all. What do you want him to do?? If you go back to the games, we generally start abandoning our run on first and second down towards the ends of these games when we are losing. I really don't think Fox should share most of this blame.

O-Line doesn't suck. O-Line is dealing with extra defenders in the box because opposing defenses know we can't pass.

He may not have dynamic WR's....but his playcalling still is too predictable.

he is a BIG reason that we suck.

One cautionary note is that the same playcalling also had us at 12-4 and averaging 25 points a game in 2008. The difference is that all those veterans are gone and the talent pool is much worse.

Again I am not saying I will be sad to see him go but the problems with the offense aren't all his or even Davidson's at this point.

O-Line doesn't suck. O-Line is dealing with extra defenders in the box because opposing defenses know we can't pass.

You're right I should amend that to, O-line is playing poorly and factored in the extra men in the box.

Archived