• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Netflix Thread

Matt Moore

The ones who thought Cabin in the Woods was terrible.... did you understand the point the movie was making?

The first half was SUPPOSED to be stupid and cliche, you was supposed to be like "wtf this movie is terrible" and... "I've seen this all before."

I thought the concept was pretty awesome, definitely original, and is pretty spot on for the horror genre and our culture in general.

The ones who thought Cabin in the Woods was terrible.... did you understand the point the movie was making?

The first half was SUPPOSED to be stupid and cliche, you was supposed to be like "wtf this movie is terrible" and... "I've seen this all before."

I thought the concept was pretty awesome, definitely original, and is pretty spot on for the horror genre and our culture in general.

As a horror buff and one in touch with a lot of pop culture and general I understood all of it...I thought Tuker and Dale vs Evil was a better executed way to get that point across.

Fido, which was on Netflix is a great satire on the whole Zombie vs consumerisim and well done if you have not seen it. It is Pleasantville, Lassie and Dawn of the Dead in one movie.

Just bc a movie makes fun of establishment or has a deeper message does not make it good. I enjoyed a lot of Cabin in the Woods but overall it was terrible. .... The end really made me hope for Keenan Ivory Wayans to jump out in his postal uniform and scream " Message!"

American horror is terrible and most of the ones that are half way interesting are forigen remakes...which become watered down...for the coveted PG-13 rating....which ruins anything horror.

Cabin in the Woods was intentionally campy and made a lot of references to other horror movies. Once you understand that, you'll find the humor in the horror. Joss Whedon's notorious for this.

Caution Spoilers, etc

http://www.viewerdiscretionadvised.net/2012/04/cabin-in-woods-what-you-might-have.html

Again understood just real forced..Tucker n Dale is intentionally campy..but good.

I did not say Firefly was awful...Joss fans get sensitive.

Again understood just real forced..Tucker n Dale is intentionally campy..but good.

I did not say Firefly was awful...Joss fans get sensitive.

Yeah I get it. I'm not really a joss fan btw. A lot of his stuff is overhyped by jossheads

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived