• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Devin Thomas waived

Goosfraba21

why?

former 2nd round pick with good physical tools..he was worth a shot..

Because 85% of the time, when a player is let go by a team...they're not that good. Yet time and time again, when we pick someone up like that, there's a handful of people that mark out thinking we just stole something grand. It rarely pans out. He was crap for the Skins, so I don't know why people thought he'd be awesome here.

Because 85% of the time, when a player is let go by a team...they're not that good. Yet time and time again, when we pick someone up like that, there's a handful of people that mark out thinking we just stole something grand. It rarely pans out. He was crap for the Skins, so I don't know why people thought he'd be awesome here.

Because the main reason he was cut from the skins had nothing to do with his play on the field.

Because the main reason he was cut from the skins had nothing to do with his play on the field.

Exactly.

I don't think anyone thought he'd be a Pro Bowl player for us. What we did know is that he was relegated to special teams duty and that Shanahan had issues with his off-the-field pursuits (like modeling). So sorry if we had just a bit of hope that he'd be a decent receiver for us.

If we're judging receivers by this season alone, I don't think there's a receiver on our roster that would deserve to be here next year. That includes Steve Smith. But continue to judge him as if he came in here with plenty of experience, a great quarterback, and a wonderful offensive line. I mean, who wouldn't look good with the Brian St. Pierre throwing to him?

Actually, if you read extremeskins like I did concerning the kid, about 75% of the members there said they were glad he got cut...because he sucked. If you think the only reason he was cut was because he fell asleep in a meeting, well, the media has a nice tight grasp on you.

Archived