• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

lol @ jimmy haters

panther4life

Really?? And just what exactly would you back up that guarantee with? You know this is a certainty how?

(Psst.. Ms.Cleo's predictions do not count towards knowing the outcome of a personal hyperbole...sorry)

'Cos every QB struggles with pressure. Especially guys fresh out of a college that happens to have one of the best O-lines in the game.

If Andrew Luck didnt exist you guys wouldnt bash Clausen.

Luck seems to be a damn good,closest to a cant miss prospect at QB. Good for him. But this does not mean Jimmy sucks, as many have said.

So if you want Luck i'm not against you there, but anybody that looks at all the facts and says Jimmy sucks, is just being ignorant

hmmm...i'm pretty sure that i've said that if we can't get luck then we should go ahead and stick it out with clausen, but whatever. i'm not sold on him near enough to pass up on luck. there is some potential, but not near the potential that luck has. i will say it again, unless clausen show big time improvement, we shouldn't pass up on luck if he is there. the best thing that clausen can do to solidify his spot here is to get us out of the first pick overall. it's on his shoulders. take what crap davidson is giving him and make it better.

fwiw, i would also rather have cam newton than luck, but i know that will never happen so we'll have to do with clausen if we don't get luck. hopefully we'll have a new coachign staff that can do something with him and we'll get a vet QB in here who has a lot of playing time experience to help the new guy (whoever it is).

he threw some low balls that had to be picked up by receivers..

Not the same as tips.

some balls are meant to be low (like the one to Lafell there at the end - double coverage, have to put it some place only he can get it), others are mistakes. Undoubtedly he had a number of both. He seems to be slowly adjusting to the speed and size of the NFL game. If he can start getting the ball down the field, we'll see a lot more success imo.

hmmm...i'm pretty sure that i've said that if we can't get luck then we should go ahead and stick it out with clausen, but whatever. i'm not sold on him near enough to pass up on luck. there is some potential, but not near the potential that luck has. i will say it again, unless clausen show big time improvement, we shouldn't pass up on luck if he is there. the best thing that clausen can do to solidify his spot here is to get us out of the first pick overall. it's on his shoulders. take what crap davidson is giving him and make it better.

yup.

I agree with rayzor here. I don't think the loss is on Jimmy but he didn't win us the game and ultimately he's going to need to win us some games if he wants to keep his job next year.

why wouldn't we want that?

have you ever heard andrew luck speak?

sometimes you need to get to know the person. andrew luck is not a leader. he is sheltered stanford kid who has zero experience facing adversity. he's played one team currently ranked this season (oregon) and was beaten quite badly. i expect him to get beaten even more badly against wisconsin in the rose bowl.

one thing luck has going for him, like bradford, is size and strength. i won't deny he's got those attributes on clausen. but he is an indulgence right now, nothing more. he's hope. unfortunately hope is not a strategy.

i find it crazy to think with the number of rookies already on this team that the panther's new coach would not go after a veteran at qb. sure draft luck if you really want to start over, he's a top prospect, but the impact a vet could make (either to start or develop clausen) is much higher.

Didn't Goodson have 90+ receiving yards? Clearly it was working.

I'm saying Clausen hasn't shown he can throw any other type of pass with any consistency. Jimmy didn't just lean on the dump pass to help him through the game, he was using it for crutches.

Not the same as tips.

some balls are meant to be low (like the one to Lafell there at the end - double coverage, have to put it some place only he can get it), others are mistakes. Undoubtedly he had a number of both. He seems to be slowly adjusting to the speed and size of the NFL game. If he can start getting the ball down the field, we'll see a lot more success imo.

He's still not putting enough mustard on it when he should though.

Archived