• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst Situation in the NFL

SteveSmithOwns

well, let's make it simpler then. Besides QB, WR and HB, could you name 5 people on the Bills?

Jairus Byrd, Paul Polanzy, Shane Merriman that really overrated linebacker they drafted 11th overall and was named worst player in the NFL on Yahoo, yeah thats about it

how does that determined how worse our "situation" is?

Could anybody name 5 skill positions on our team when we were stomping the cowboys, squeaking by the rams, and spanking the eagles?

Howabout 2005?

2008? Yessir after that monday night stomping Williams/Stewart are the poo.

It determines nothing. It was just one of your selling points for the Bills. I was just saying the same could be said for us.

It determines nothing. It was just one of your selling points for the Bills. I was just saying the same could be said for us.

O my so many misunderstandings.

I now see that you were devils advocate for SteveSmithOwns on the subject of using name recognition as a selling point.

I thought you were playing devils advocate on the subject of the panthers being a good team by using name recognition. Because I only skimmed through the first post so I didn't see the connection.

I'm not the OP too.

While the Panthers may have the worst record, looking around the league, there are lots of teams that I feel are in MUCH worse position based on performance and current ability of players.

Washington Redskins- These guys are terrible. They started off ok, but lately have looked dead. They have no salary cap space when a new CBA gets reached, have major attitude issues with people on their team, and have the oldest team in the NFL.

Arizona Cardinals- You think Clausen is bad? Look at the Cardinals. These guys make Clausen look like an All-Pro. They just let their second best player, Anquan Boldin leave, and the only bright spot they have is Larry Fitzgerald, who hasn't been able to do anything with nobody around him. The departure of Kurt Warner really hurt.

Denver Broncos- Traded away Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Peyton Hillis. Got back The Golden Calf of Bristol, Knowshon Moreno and Brady Quinn. I would say that's a bit lopsided. Oh, and their defense is terrible too.

Cincinnati Bengals- Looks like they are about to start into full rebuilding mode. Both of their WR's are old and look to be gone next year. Their QB, who is still one of the highest paid players in the game has become ineffective, and their drafts haven't worked out well lately. Not a good recipe for success.

Buffalo Bills- I will give them this, they fight hard. And Steve Johnson has kind of had a coming out year. But I doubt many football fans could name 5 people on their roster on non-skill positions. That's not good.

Tennessee Titans- They have Chris Johnson and Kenny Britt. They also have the racist Kerry Collins as their QB and a coach's best friend, Vince Young still on their roster. Either Young or Jeff Fischer, there coach will probably be gone next season, so either way, they are going to have to retool for that.

San Fransisco 49ers-

Their QB's are Alex Smith, Troy Smith and the amazing David Carr. We all know how good Carr is. And a few games the crowd here was screaming for him to come in. Whenever you have this as a situation, you know your headed in the wrong direction.

Other possible candidates:

Oakland Raiders- Don't have a steady QB, and even though they are playing half decent, you could see a descent again soon.

Seattle Seahawks- Starting to get younger, but looking over their roster, they don't have alot of playmakers that worry teams.

Indianapolis Colts- I can't believe I'm putting them on here, but Peyton Manning, usually a machine, doesn't seem to be working. Without him, they are not very good.

So, basically what I am trying to say, is that we should not be all doom and gloom. We have alot of talent, and hopefully with the #1 Pick and a new Coach, we will be able to see all that talent start to show itself.

Feel free to add any others you think

Overall, good post. But I disagree..

#1 - Can't compare a solid QB like McNabb to our QB situation. We have NO ONE.

#2 - As bad as Derek Anderson and Max Hall are, they are both better than what we have right now. In fact, I wish we could've picked up Leinart. But that would require coaches who can help develop him.

#3 - Mainly a coach problem. McDaniels was a terrible hire. Letting a 2-time SB winner go was an even worse decision.

#4 - They look more like we did in 2006. We thought bringing Keyshawn Johnson would fix our problems. It didn't. The coach seems to be the problem there as well. Carson Palmer has been terrible as well.

#5 - Chan Gailey? Seriously? Who makes that hire? They are the 2001 Panthers, with more talent, regardless of how many players people can name.

#6 - Would love to have Collins back.. but that would've meant never letting him go... and if that were the case he wouldn't be where he is today. They are in the middle of the NFL really IMO.

#7 - They are better than their record shows.

The other 3 aren't good choices.

Without listing us, you realize you listed nearly a third of the league right?

None of those teams are in a position that is worse than we are in. You could probably combine all of the teams you list, in terms of #1 problems, and it would fit us perfectly.

While the Panthers may have the worst record, looking around the league, there are lots of teams that I feel are in MUCH worse position based on performance and current ability of players.

Washington Redskins- These guys are terrible. They started off ok, but lately have looked dead. They have no salary cap space when a new CBA gets reached, have major attitude issues with people on their team, and have the oldest team in the NFL.

Arizona Cardinals- You think Clausen is bad? Look at the Cardinals. These guys make Clausen look like an All-Pro. They just let their second best player, Anquan Boldin leave, and the only bright spot they have is Larry Fitzgerald, who hasn't been able to do anything with nobody around him. The departure of Kurt Warner really hurt.

Denver Broncos- Traded away Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Peyton Hillis. Got back The Golden Calf of Bristol, Knowshon Moreno and Brady Quinn. I would say that's a bit lopsided. Oh, and their defense is terrible too.

Cincinnati Bengals- Looks like they are about to start into full rebuilding mode. Both of their WR's are old and look to be gone next year. Their QB, who is still one of the highest paid players in the game has become ineffective, and their drafts haven't worked out well lately. Not a good recipe for success.

Buffalo Bills- I will give them this, they fight hard. And Steve Johnson has kind of had a coming out year. But I doubt many football fans could name 5 people on their roster on non-skill positions. That's not good.

Tennessee Titans- They have Chris Johnson and Kenny Britt. They also have the racist Kerry Collins as their QB and a coach's best friend, Vince Young still on their roster. Either Young or Jeff Fischer, there coach will probably be gone next season, so either way, they are going to have to retool for that.

San Fransisco 49ers-

Their QB's are Alex Smith, Troy Smith and the amazing David Carr. We all know how good Carr is. And a few games the crowd here was screaming for him to come in. Whenever you have this as a situation, you know your headed in the wrong direction.

Other possible candidates:

Oakland Raiders- Don't have a steady QB, and even though they are playing half decent, you could see a descent again soon.

Seattle Seahawks- Starting to get younger, but looking over their roster, they don't have alot of playmakers that worry teams.

Indianapolis Colts- I can't believe I'm putting them on here, but Peyton Manning, usually a machine, doesn't seem to be working. Without him, they are not very good.

So, basically what I am trying to say, is that we should not be all doom and gloom. We have alot of talent, and hopefully with the #1 Pick and a new Coach, we will be able to see all that talent start to show itself.

Feel free to add any others you think

This is why I say the Carolina Job is pretty high on the desirable list.

If Dallas keeps Garrett and Vikings keep Frasier (both likely at this point) then I would argue this is the BEST team for a new coach to come into.

all Carolina needs is a QB and a good HC and they will instantly be a .500 or slightly better team next season.

Jerry will open up the pocketbook like normal for what usually are standard moves in free agency for Carolina

Guest DrewBreesIsGod

FACT:

Deangelo Williams- Steve Smith- Jimmy Clausen- Jon Beason- Jonathan STewart are all household names.

source- my ass.

where are these 'households'? Charlotte?

Archived