• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official 2011 Carolina Panthers Free Agency Thread

The Saltman

We can certainly show him the money, but it would be very hard to convince him this team is contending for a championship. This is why we need to hit the free agency period hard and fast. We need to get Logan Mankins, get either McNabb or Orton if they hit the market, and get Haloti Ngata if the Ravens don't resign him or slap the tag on him. We get those guys together, Nnamdi's decision to come here would be very easy. (I think the whole league would want to come to Carolina if we get these guys together):D

We can certainly show him the money, but it would be very hard to convince him this team is contending for a championship. This is why we need to hit the free agency period hard and fast. We need to get Logan Mankins, get either McNabb or Orton if they hit the market, and get Haloti Ngata if the Ravens don't resign him or slap the tag on him. We get those guys together, Nnamdi's decision to come here would be very easy. (I think the whole league would want to come to Carolina if we get these guys together):D
this is where having a dynamic salesman type HC choice would come in, esp. one that was accustomed to doing recruiting.

cowher could probably do it on name alone, but harbaugh would be great in this department. much better choice than grimm or any other HC choices. gruden would have to overcome the well known dislike that his players had for him in tampa bay.

• 2 weeks later...

This really is a discussion if a CBA is agreed on and if Jerry Richardson will be as frugal as he says he will.

Our needs which are many: OL, QB, DT, DE, Cb, S, pass catching Te, and Wr.

This is if we resigned all of our UFA that we deem worthy of an extension including: Ryan Kalil, Jon Beason, Charles Johnson, Dante Rosario etc.

2011 Free Agents:

OL: Jared Gaither, Matt Light, Jermon Bushrod, Willie Colon, Carl Nicks, Logan Mankins, Tyson Clabo, Daryn Colledge.

QB: Peyton Manning, Matt Hasselbeck, Troy Smith, Seneca Wallace, Shaun Hill, Tarvaris Jackson, Michael Vick, Billy Volek.

DT: Haloti Ngata, Brandon Mebane, Aubrayo Franklin, Cullen Jenkins, Pat Williams, Barry Cofield, Gabe Watson.

DE: Ray Edwards, Mathias Kiwanuka, Tamba Hali, Shaun Ellis, Victor Adeyanju, Stylez White, Dave Ball.

CB: Champ Bailey, Johnathan Joseph, Carlos Rogers, Antonio Cromartie, Drayton Florence, Ronde Barber, Tye Hill.

S: Antoine Bethea, Quintin Mikell, Dawan Landry, Atari Bigby, Eric Weddle.

Wr: Sidney Rice, Vincent Jackson, Steve Smith, NYG, Santonio Holmes, Donald Driver, Mike Sims-Walker, Steve Breaston,, Malcolm Floyd, Jacoby Jones, James Jones, Brian Finneran, Lance Moore.

Te: Kevin Boss, Owen Daniels, Marcedes Lewis, Zach Miller.

Obviously I have left out some upcoming free agents so if u can think of any your prefer feel free to post it.

I'll take Gathier or Light and Mankins for OL.

Matt Hasselbeck as the backup to Luck.

Ngata or if we can't get him, Mebane would be good. And since we need 2-3 more DTs, getting Cofield or Jenkins(wouldn't that be funny) as well would be great.

We're gonna need 1 more CB since Marshall is leaving and I think getting Bailey is doable.

I'd love for Bethea to take Godfrey's spot, but if not him then Bigby would be sweet.

I think if Smith wants to leave we could trade him to San Diego for Jackson, but if he stays James Jones or Lance Moore would be a great pickup.

And I'd like to take Lewis as our new starting TE.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe sticky this?

Who are some FA's you'd like to go after? I doubt we spend big, but I do think we'll sign at least one notable starter and a few mid-level guys to shore up certain spots.

My top-5, depending on what we do with the #1 pick...

1. Zach Miller, TE, Raiders

2. Robert Gallery, OG, Raiders/Carl Nicks, OG, Saints/Marshal Yanda, OG, Ravens

3. Barry Cofield, DT, Giants

4. Alex Smith, QB, 49ers

5. Paul Soliai, DT, Dolphins

Archived