• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Next Head Coach

Mr. Scot

Kevin Greene and Dom Capers are doing pretty well with the Packers D. My point in stating this is that not everyone can or needs to be head coach...But like Capers his strength obviously as DC.... I don't necessarily think that taking a strong coordinator and making them head coach is the best decision. There are a couple of examples of head coaches that went back to being coordinators who are very successful. Head Coach is not just coaching.

I went to a Broncos board and noticed two things:

1. A common misconception that Richardson is a cheap owner.

2. A lot that want Rivera, and believe he wants them too.

I thought, how great will it be when Richardson outbids them for Rivera?

Ahhhh....your anger sustains me, Bronco fans..

You know what I hate about that?

Historically speaking, nearly every time this team has had a big choice between two guys, they've chosen the wrong one :(

At least we have a brief enough history to not really have any coaching trends...a total of 3 HCs

Well, maybe by noon on Wednesday we'll have a new coach...we can only hope :cheers2:

If Denver pries him away, there's plenty of fish in the sea...but Rivera could work well

Who was the other choice last time?

examples?

95 Draft: targeted Kerry Collins over Steve McNair

96 Draft: selected Tshimanga Biakabutuka over Eddie George

98 Draft: picked Jason Peter over Vonnie Holliday

02 Draft: chose DeShaun Foster over Clinton Portis

And of course, there's the 1999 offseason when the two best available names in coaching were Mike Holmgren and George Seifert. We chose to go for Seifert :(

Granted, most of the people that made those decisions are gone. Still, it's the pattern. That's why every time I see the Panthers making a choice between two guys, I get nervous.

Happily, evidence this time points to them making - at least what I would consider - the right choice :)

That said, I'll still remain a tiny bit apprehensive right up until things are official.

Archived