• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Coordinators

The Saltman

I am telling you folks, Reich is a good choice if he is interested. He backed up Jim Kelly for years, is the current QB coach for Peyton Manning, has experience playing the game, knows our organization well and has played in a number of systems.

He is a motivational speaker where his main topics are communication and teamwork. He was a contemporary of Luck's father Oliver. Luck was drafted by Houston in 1982 while Reich was drafted by Buffalo in 1985. Both were backups at the time for much better quarterbacks- Moon and Kelly. Their teams played against each other in the 80s.

Just saying....................

I am telling you folks, Reich is a good choice if he is interested. He backed up Jim Kelly for years, is the current QB coach for Peyton Manning, has experience playing the game, knows our organization well and has played in a number of systems.

He is a motivational speaker where his main topics are communication and teamwork. He was a contemporary of Luck's father Oliver. Luck was drafted by Houston in 1982 while Reich was drafted by Buffalo in 1985. Both were backups at the time for much better quarterbacks- Moon and Kelly. Their teams played against each other in the 80s.

Just saying....................

I'd be okay with that.

Don't know how well he'd have worked with Harbaugh given that Harbaugh once slugged Jim Kelly.

What about Ray Sherman (WR coach in Dallas)? JJ just gave him what appears to be a token Rooney interview, but the guy has tremendous NFL experience. He's a serious journeyman though and has never stayed with a team in a certain position for more than four years. This four year stint was with GB between 2000 and 2004where he was WR coach, developing Driver and Javon Walker. You don't hear his name much and there's probably a good reason for that. Just curious if any of the more knowledgeable fellas on here have any additional insights.

It pains me to say this b/c I am a Falcons fan (also a panthers fan b/c i own a home in Charlotte)..but the best scenario would be to hire Falcons OC Mike Mularkey. You would have an offensive minded coach who could mold Cam Newton (who i pray the Panthers draft!!!) into what he helped create in Matt Ryan. Not to mention you would have a coach that knows EVERYTHING about a division rival (falcons) and is familiar w/ the division as a whole!

It pains me to say this b/c I am a Falcons fan (also a panthers fan b/c i own a home in Charlotte)..but the best scenario would be to hire Falcons OC Mike Mularkey. You would have an offensive minded coach who could mold Cam Newton (who i pray the Panthers draft!!!) into what he helped create in Matt Ryan. Not to mention you would have a coach that knows EVERYTHING about a division rival (falcons) and is familiar w/ the division as a whole!

lol @ Cam Newton fans.

This ain't Blinn.

At this point I care FAR more who our next OC is more than our next head coach. Trying to rebuild one of NFL history's worst offenses will be the biggest story of 2011.

While I'm praying for a switch to a more passing oriented offense to better compete with today's NFL pass happy rules, I just don't see Hurney or JR going that route.

i am not a big fan of Mularkey, yes he's coached well for Atlanta, but i worry about his Bill coaching job, maybe he's improved, but i still worry about it. As for Cam Newton, i do NOT want him. he's not ready to start on day one.

Archived