• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it a guarantee that Vick is an Eagle??

unicar15

Vick isn't under contract, Kolb is. Today during the presser, Andy Reid said that he wants BOTH Vick and Kolb back on the team next year. Personally, I don't see that happening. Kolb's trade value is high and Vick is due for a new deal so something is going to give. If the Eagles decide to make a long-term commitment to Kolb, rather than a relatively short term commitment to Vick then he becomes a legitimate option for us. Ideally, if he became available we could sign him to a deal between 2 and 4 years. I hate the style of QB that he used to be but his pocket passing has really improved since the ATL days. I'd give it a shot if he was there for the taking.

I'd also take Kolb if they were willing to trade him.

They will want more for Kolb than what he has proven to be worth. I think the only way Vick stays with the Eagles is if the franchise tag him. Which might no be available after the CBA. I think Vicks could come here. But I would be surprised to see him stay with the Eagles.

For some reason, I see it playing out just like Squirrel said. They didn't really want Vick starting last year until Kolb got hurt and he played so good they couldn't bench him. I think they would prefer to tag him so they can get something back for him regardless, but I think it's very possible we'd have a shot at him b/c I think they're gonna let him walk.

I think it's funny. When a player has one good season, people start saying "We should bring him to Carolina!" But these are the same people who say "Cut him!" as soon as he has one bad season.

As for Vick, I say why not. He's going to be on the end of his career so it would be a temporary solution that needs a long-term fix.

Archived