• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else pissed???

unicar15

Is anyone else out there pissed off that the Panthers have the #1 pick in arguably one of the worst drafts in recent memory?? Other than that Jamarcus Russell draft I can't remember one that has been much worse. I mean Nick Fairley and DaQuan Bowers as the best overall prospects? Those of you predicting Fairley to be the next Warren Sapp and Bowers to be the next Mario Williams need to go back and watch some film and also look at the size of these two guys.

How much better of a player is Bowers than Gaines Adams was when he came out? How much better is Fairley than Glenn Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis?? These were guys drafted really recently at the top that have essentially turned out to be decent players but not anything special.

If you are drafting #1 overall the you better get a player that is going to change your franchise. You better either get a QB that is a franchise player or a player at a different position that is going to change the game for your team and win you games. IMO neither Fairley nor Bowers are of that caliber. AJ Green is the only player that IMO you could look back on in a few years and wonder how he didn't go #1. I'm not saying that is a reason to draft him....but IMO he is the only can't miss eventual superstar player at the top of the draft.

I am beginning to agree with all the A.J. Green talk. Although I don't believe we need him. I think he's the best player available and the one player in the top 5 rankings of prospects with the most upside outside of Gabbert who is nothing but upside.

As far as Gabbert goes, yes we need a franchise QB, but this guy is all hype. He has the exact same pros and cons as Cam Newton, but he's white, he's not a national champion, and he's not a Heisman winner. So there's no reason to draft a qb in the first round they all suck.

I'm pretty sure we are going to be bringing in a vet qb, so that will give Pickles a chance to sit back and watch, and A.J. Green and our young guys from last year will have someone to get them the ball and help them develope.

I'm honestly hoping someone gets so enamored with one of those guys (most likely to be Bowers, actually... based on measurables and ability) that they'll convince us to trade down a little...

If we don't move down, the safest pick is still Green, to me... he has the most limited bust potential of the three of them, and even if you include Peterson...

There are no sure-things in any draft, so it is always going to be a risk/reward scenario, and the best bet is to go with the least risk...

It'd be great to somehow snag one from Green, Bowers, Fairley, or Peterson, and then somehow also get someone like Kyle Rudolph (this coming from a major opponent of drafting a TE all these years) or a top RG prospect in the beginnings of the second round by trading down...

Archived