• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CB Leigh Bodden

Snake

it wasn't his fault...not entirely. detroit mismanaged him from the beginning.

i have been paying attention to him for a few years. i had heard some things from lions fans i know about this....reasons for his not starting ahead of far inferior competition. this quote pretty much sums it all up.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/02/lions_made_a_huge_mistake_with.html

Now, that's what I am talking about, Rayzor. You provided us with some meat. I'm still listening. The idea sounds more intriguing by the minute.

I remember thinking at the time that might have been a mistake for them to trade him (though the idea of a trade of a CB for a NT in a 3-4 I can get behind) because anytime I watched him, I thought he was Cleveland's best DB. I haven't paid much attention to him lately and don't recall any plays he made or even if he played vs Carolina this year so I can't comment on recent events. I agree with most that he certainly deserves a look-see.

I'm reminded of another fellow who looked good in one system but hasn't lived up to expectations since changing teams.

The fellow in question: Jason David.

The DC under whom he looked good enough to get a good free agent contract: Ron Meeks.

It's something to mull...

I'm reminded of another fellow who looked good in one system but hasn't lived up to expectations since changing teams.

The DC under whom he looked good enough to get a good free agent contract: Ron Meeks.

So you're saying Jason David would be a barnburner here?... :D

Yeah thats great idea.... Steve Smith pretty much said Jason David sucks after the season finale.

What a idiotic idea

Cleveland played a Man heavy defense with Bodden.

Lions played a Zone heavy Cover 2 defense.

We play a Zone defense.

Bodden is bad in zone.

Bodden will be bad in Carolina.

See what I did there?

Were talking about the Lions here. No matter what they ran he would have sucked. The Browns also ran a 3-4 and CB have to fall back into zones all the time with that formation. Just cause you read the Detroit news story and retyped what they said dose not make you smart.

Opps see what I did there? :ihih:

Were talking about the Lions here. No matter what they ran he would have sucked. The Browns also ran a 3-4 and CB have to fall back into zones all the time with that formation. Just cause you read the Detroit news story and retyped what they said dose not make you smart.

Opps see what I did there? :ihih:

While the Browns did occasionally have their CBs drop in a zone, they play mostly man on the outside with their corners.

And your first argument doesn't make sense. Just because a team is bad doesn't mean a CB should get a free pass for sucking. Good players will be good, bad players will be bad. Was Calvin Johnson bad this past year?

And what Detroit news story?

Gotta love the two-first-name guys. Can cause confusion for those easily confused - David, Jason or Jason David. No matter how its listed it could be backwards (some may overlook the comma).

While the Browns did occasionally have their CBs drop in a zone, they play mostly man on the outside with their corners.

And your first argument doesn't make sense. Just because a team is bad doesn't mean a CB should get a free pass for sucking. Good players will be good, bad players will be bad. Was Calvin Johnson bad this past year?

And what Detroit news story?

Yours dose not ether. Just because one player did good dose not mean every one else sucked cause they had a bad year. That D was horrid and the coaching staff moved Bodden twice in a season. Remember what happened to T.Davis when we moved him around? Coaching was horrible and the record showed. Also just cause you run a Cover 2 dose not mean you dont play man. Hell we ran a 4-3 last year and played more soft zone then the Buc's did in there Cover 2. The point is that just cause he didnt work for one team dose not mean he will not work for us. Hell look a Brayton. The fact is your just making up your assumption on what you read in one story and prob didnt even know the guy had two really good seasons before that.

So its like this

Browns likes aggressive CBs

Detroit likes Cover 2 CBs

Panthes like aggressive CBs

ahhhhh see what I did there. :coolgleamA:

I wouldn't mind the pickup, but lucas would have to be gone and he would have to come in as a starter. Thats what did him in with the lions. It would be a good secondary again though. With that said though, Fox really likes wilson and Marshall. If lucas goes expect a good camp battle between the two. Wilson winning it from marshall. Fox sees Wilson as the future starter, Gamble was just given a massive contract so he wont be seeing the bench.

So you're saying Jason David would be a barnburner here?... :D

Coached by Meeks = Good

Not Coached by Meeks = Bad

(Equation = Stretch)

David's dropoff has a lot to do with going from zone to man schemes, but it has at least a little validity to say he was better when he was coached up by our DC.

Yeah, it's a stretch, and no, I wouldn't necessarily want Jason David.

Coached by Meeks = Good

Not Coached by Meeks = Bad

(Equation = Stretch)

David's dropoff has a lot to do with going from zone to man schemes, but it has at least a little validity to say he was better when he was coached up by our DC.

Yeah, it's a stretch, and no, I wouldn't necessarily want Jason David.

It has been said before that Meeks uses his guys to the best of there talent. IDK what he is gonna do with our players cause IMO all 3 are Man CBs. You can argue Gamble but really he is just extremely talented and can play both. IMO fox will let Meeks do his thing and thats why he got a guy that has been a DC for so long and not a yes man.

Archived