• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cut Hackett

SKULL

Hackett is a good receiver, when healthy. I know after last year we might not want to take that chance again, but the team is so stacked at the receiver position that I think we can afford to take that gamble again.

Smith, Moose, Jarrett, Hackett, Robinson, Jones and maybe Carter. We don't need any help at receiver. Not just yet.

Washington is an unrestricted free agent according to this article. I also have viewed a few discussions about it on the Steelers Fever forum. On his Wiki, it notes that back in May of last year, he was only signed to a one year deal.

All this being said, I would indeed try to acquire him, particularly if we had to let Hack go.

The Steelers reportedly will not get into a bidding war for free agent receiver Nate Washington.

Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians would like to keep Washington, but the team drafted Limas Sweed last year to be its eventual third receiver. It's hard to imagine Pittsburgh offering Washington more than $5-6M over two years.

Source: SI.com

I am sure that other teams will be after him. The way that the Panthers FO deals, I wouldn't get my hopes up. But I've seen him play, and he seems to be more of a deep threat than Hackett, plus he doesn't seem to be made of glass. This would be a fine catch in the free agent waters. A very fine catch, indeed, that wouldn't break the bank.

Washington would be an improvement, but why would he come to Carolina for less production than he would get at Pittsburgh? We only throw to Hackett once every four games, so it would sort of be a waste to bring him in. I'm all for it though.

space we make on the roster needs to be used for defense.

we are fine on offense much more so than defense.

we have plenty of good options at WR already.

DEFENSE!!!!!

Yeah I almost forgot that we have Jarrett waiting in the wings, so its looking even less likely and our defense is what really needs to be fixed.

Archived