• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Locker, Ponder, Dolton, or Mallet in the 3rd?

thunderraiden

rumors about mallett being addicted to coke have me a little... leery, especially since a bunch of people "in the know" have said there are huge huge huge issues with him that they dont want to go public with.

Locker in the third... would be kind of surprising...

Also he doesn't look cool under pressure. He's had tantrums before.

but to be honest, it would pale in comparison to the character issues if they are true.

I agree completely.

On a different note, the whole "he has off field issues, but we won't say what" thing from the media has struck me very odd. I cannot recall one other instance of someone having such widespread character based allegations, without anyone outright confirming it. That said, I have no reason to doubt them either. The whole situation is kind of fascinating.

Yes we will get a compensatory pick for Peppers, and possibly for Vincent. What round depends on a lot of factors, including individual stats and playing time. Most analysts assume the pick for Peppers will be a 3rd and if we get anything at all for Vincent, it will be a 7th at most.

Yes we will get a compensatory pick for Peppers, and possibly for Vincent. What round depends on a lot of factors, including individual stats and playing time. Most analysts assume the pick for Peppers will be a 3rd and if we get anything at all for Vincent, it will be a 7th at most.

Oh, that's interesting.. I wonder why the walterfootball mock draft has us as only picking one in the third.. maybe its because of the uncertainty of what round the pick will be in that you mentioned.

Oh, that's interesting.. I wonder why the walterfootball mock draft has us as only picking one in the third.. maybe its because of the uncertainty of what round the pick will be in that you mentioned.

I don't think you can depend on the third round being predictable at this point. After the first day, everything get reshuffled based on who has dropped and who was a riser. Teams have the night to go back and evaluate things unlike before when they the third round happened in the first day.

As for picking a third rounder. I suppose it would have to do with how much they like Pike at this point. He would be the one on the short end of the stick if thats the way we go.

exactly the reason, we will get it in March but the chance of it not being a 3rd rounder are like 0.0000001%.... literally.

Why in the world would we pick a QB in the third? What if's about this jacked up QB class is silly. Going by a mock draft website if Jurrell Casey, Allen Bailey, Jarvis Jenkins, Ras I Dowling and Sione Fua are still available i am very happy. Give me Mebane or Cofield plus any of the aforementioned prospects at the top of the third.

exactly the reason, we will get it in March but the chance of it not being a 3rd rounder are like 0.0000001%.... literally.

Yes it will be a 3rd. Just wanted to give a little insight into what goes into the assignments of comp picks.

Any good WR's that may be available in 3rd?

Jerrel Jernigan, WR/KR, Troy 5-9 - 189 - 4.39

Randall Cobb, WR/PR, KEN 5-11 - 188 - 4.43

Tandon Doss, WR, IND - 6-3 - 199 - 4.52

Austin Pettis, WR, BSU - 6-3 - 205 - 4.56

Dwayne Harris, WR/KR, ECU - 5-10 - 200 - 4.52

Vincent Brown, WR, SDSU - 5-11 - 184 - 4.50

Greg Little, WR, UNC - 6-2 - 220 - 4.55

Cecil Shorts III, WR, MUSU - 6-0 - 200 - 4.45

Greg Salas, WR, HA - 6-1 - 206 - 4.60

Archived