• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone done P90X?

Cat

When I did p90x, I didn't do the tai-bo type exercises. I just did the ab-crunchers, pull ups and continued my regular weight room routine.

But that was a few years ago and now that I've turned into a marshmallow, I might give it another go.

What happened to the old way where you don't need a program and you just, well, exercise or weight train?

it's true, the most important thing isn't what program you are in, but rather you find something that you can stick to.

P90x, crossfit, etc doesn't do a lick of good when you've quit it in 2 months.

oooo I didnt know they had that one. The one I was in last week, the instructor is ex-military, he's pretty hardcore. There were a couple of guys brave enough to do the class with us....they were strugglin

well i know the ones back home have it. It usually depends on the instructor. One of them goes all out, no one leaves w/o sweating. Pretty intense class if you have the right instructor.

What happened to the old way where you don't need a program and you just, well, exercise or weight train?

When you do that you essentially develop your own program so its really no difference as long as you use stuff like P90X as a guide. Its not traditional, but for people who like to be organized with their routines and can't necessarily pay for the gym, its nice to have (if you can snag it for free).

I lift, mtn bike, play soccer, & when I added some of the P90X stuff to my routine, it honestly helped me out endurance wise by leaps and bounds.

I'm in the wrong line of work.

Sexing up the concept of eat a lot less and exercise a lot more seems to be a bajillion dollar industry, assuming you can get enough people talking about it.

I work in advertising now. Just about every major industry is just sexing up basic concepts.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've been doing it for about 3 weeks. I highly recommend it. It's a lot of fun and super convenient.

I've gained 3 lbs but no doubt its all muscle.

Most people I know who have done it, loved and hated it at the same time. I "got" the P90X disks the other day and plan on getting started as soon as the dr. gives me the ok to use my arm again. Going to have to come up with an alternative for the push ups and pull ups for awhile though but I figure it will be the quickest way to get back into shape for the summer even if I can't do that part of it.

Most people I know who have done it, loved and hated it at the same time. I "got" the P90X disks the other day and plan on getting started as soon as the dr. gives me the ok to use my arm again. Going to have to come up with an alternative for the push ups and pull ups for awhile though but I figure it will be the quickest way to get back into shape for the summer even if I can't do that part of it.

Yeah I have issues with my trapezius muscle. So I work my legs and butt during some of the back exercises they do.

There are a LOT of push ups and pull ups though.

Archived