• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brees says JR comments got blown out of proportion

CatMan72

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees(notes) downplayed reports that Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson was rude and condescending to him and Indianapolis Colts quarterback Drew Brees during a bargaining session at the Super Bowl.

“I think there was a lot of rumors probably coming out of that CBA negotiating session that Saturday at the Super Bowl," Brees told XX 1090 Radio in San Diego, per SportsRadioInterviews.com. "To be honest, I haven’t even seen the comment that was made, but I heard it was from Jay Feely(notes) who kicks for the Jets. And he wasn’t there at the meeting. I’m not sure of how that got out or why.

"But no, I mean, it was my first bargaining session to be at and obviously there was a lot talked about. And emotions run high at times, but there was nothing that was derogatory or demeaning, so I’m not sure how that got blown out of proportion.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110218_drew_brees_downplays_jerry_richardsons_comments

I am a bit disappointed, actually, because I was proud of JR after thinking it through. Manning has no more business in JRs meeting as JR has in Manning's huddle (although JR has been in the Colt huddle before and Manning has never been in a negotiation of this nature, I am willing to bet). If you want to crunch numbers and you only know Xs and Os, then prepare to be schooled.

I would have believed it from a Jerry Jones, but if JR said it, it needs to be said. Many got upset with his tone at the news conference. He was putting the reporters in place. They are like dogs waiting for scraps at the table. Many cross the line between reporting the news and creating it. He don't play dat.

For the record this came out several days ago on the record and then the fact that Jerry was actually a dick was confirmed off the record so I feel like we're just going back in time here but OK let's pretend this article means something and Drew Brees plays for the Colts.

I am a bit disappointed, actually, because I was proud of JR after thinking it through. Manning has no more business in JRs meeting as JR has in Manning's huddle (although JR has been in the Colt huddle before and Manning has never been in a negotiation of this nature, I am willing to bet). If you want to crunch numbers and you only know Xs and Os, then prepare to be schooled.
lol what?

Archived