• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yas changes his mind again: "Panthers can't afford to take Newton"

mav1234

Palmer has to want to play here. Why would he?

Because we're not Cincinnati. We're only two years removed from the playoffs, and there's some coaching familiarity (see prior post).

...and I don't even want to think about what the Bengals asking price will be for Palmer.

Previously I'd have agreed, and I'll grant that it might still be high. But with the talk coming out of Cincinnati lately, I'm not so sure it'll be as high as we might think.

It does make sense, but while we can say clearly that Rivera and Chudzinski are acquainted with Volek, we don't know if they like him.

Agreed. System familiarity. Now if Billy "ray cyrus" Volek has been banging Rivera's wife or daughter and got caught...different matter entirely or he could just suck in their system.

Because we're not Cincinnati. We're only two years removed from the playoffs, and there's some coaching familiarity (see prior post).

The Panthers will not be playoffs contender for a while. The team is being rebuilt slowly. There's no way he'd come here instead of the 49ers for example. They are farther ahead than we are.

I do

For two first round picks?? Or at least a first and a second?? Not me. If they release him then great put in a bid (but don't over pay). He would be a good pick up. But giving away draft picks for back ups is just as bad as having a first round bust in terms of progressing a franchise

We're a 2-14 team that just had a coaching overhaul in a tough division on the east coast with an aging, aggravated #1 WR and all unknowns behind him.

We're also far FAR from being the most attractive team that's looking for QB help.

...and I don't even want to think about what the Bengals asking price will be for Palmer.

Given the way he is forcing the issue ("trade me or I'll retire"), and given his injury history, the price might not be anywhere near what you'd think... Perhaps a 3rd or a 4th...

Palmer would be an upgrade over delhomme at his best, yet no one wants him?

I've said before I'm not the world's biggest Carson Palmer fan.

But objectively speaking, is he better than any other "stopgap" option we might have?

If there's a better option for that role, I don't know who it is.

We're a 2-14 team that just had a coaching overhaul in a tough division on the east coast with an aging, aggravated #1 WR and all unknowns behind him.

We're also far FAR from being the most attractive team that's looking for QB help.

Carolina was a 2-14 team by record. That had much more talent than most teams that win 1 or 2 games.

Smitty is only aggravated that the offense pointlessly was taking the field thanks to Clausen being played.

Archived